Himself: Worked. Still entering estimates after breakfast, home at five, still entering wrecks until 9. He likes all but the back country heat.
Herself: with the quilt blog too: Swam, with doubt I picked up Georganna in the truck, and if I get the truck right on the curb she can get in. Read ditty. After I took Georganna home, I took clothes and books to the Discovery shop. Took old 1962 Hoover vacuum cleaner too. It looks awful, but it works great. Made dinner, read, watched Project Runway until I fell asleep.
My Babylonian Captivity: Do stop in and read Tugster's experience as a human shield. He writes that, “ i was captured in kuwait (where i was teaching in the kuwaiti air force)….”
Gratitude: That G has a job tho the hours are long. Lee is looking better the J2’s report. They haven’t moved him yet.
- Schedules: Friday we both work. Saturday, perhaps we can play half a day before he heads to the museum. I bet I can get some quilting done in the afternoon. Sunday: Lessa is coming down. Dinner with D and meeting. Monday we are off to the festival of Sail for several hours of clambering around on sailing ships. There’s nothing really big in the harbor this year.
- Festival of Sail: The San Diego Maritime Museum is sponsoring a Festival of Sail. The list of visiting ships seem all to be small ones this year, but that won’t limit my delight as I crawl all over as many as I can camera in hand.
- Medicare: Yesterday one of “those” letters arrived from my Medicare supplementary insurance carrier, AARP Secure Horizons, telling me how I stood with it. With regular insurance, one pays, one is insured, sometimes the price goes up, but that’s all folks. With Medicare there are gaps, spaces, and confusions. After reading this carefully delineated paper, both G and I understand how much I paid for this or that, but neither of us understand what these folks are talking about overall. I’m in stage two, they say. What does stage two mean? Does my coverage end? Do I blow up at sunrize? I’ll wait till after the weekend to call and add to the cacophony in the Secure Horizons office. Geeeez!
- Lessa is driving down this weekend tho the short in her dash hasn’t been fixed yet. She’s worried about her sister, as am I, but it will be good to see her and MJ for even a short visit. I have a blender for her. A seventies gold colored one that works. She wants a blender for the smoothies both of them like.
- If I’m not here, I’m there. I may write this weekend; I may not. They say we will have sunshine when the fogs burn off. Yesterdays swim was a doubly wet one, with the fogs dampening our heads while the pool wet the rest of us. They were landing over us yesterday morning, but they seem to be taking off over us today. That gives me hope that it will all burn off early and let us loose into the sunshine before noon. Happy Labor Day weekend to you all if I don’t see you before Tuesday.