July 3, 2017

EPIGRAPHIC


Taken from the top of the Point Loma lighthouse.  We live over to the right on the top of the Point.

It’s quiet and peaceful here with almost empty streets.  The sound of birds can be heard.  G has to work, and I have days of dishes and laundry to hand.  Somehow over the weekends, life gets away from our domesticities.  To one friend, who likes a neat tidy life and whose wife dashes about, G suggested he hire a maid.  G likes a tidy life; I just live abandoning my realities behind me.  Marta saves our lives day to day.

Today I am enjoying the silence, washing dishes, doing laundry, fixing the costume top while beginning on the skirt, and heading to the gym.  I’ve just been eating what I want, see my entry for the fair, and now I am up to my pre-dieting weight.   Portion sizes are the trick for us.  Up and down…do I think I will escape myself if I ignore realities.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  I told him he could make the decision about the 4th fireworks.
  • Herself:  After the gym, I will enlarge the pattern width and cut bias strips to finish the arm holes.
  • Reading:  A middle aged Anne Bishop.  She writes “Dark Fantasy” novels.   Once I got into this one, I loved the characters.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am no longer living in a dark fantasy world.


9 comments:

  1. Silence can be good at times. Wonderful view in that photo. Greetings and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place. Happy 4th and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Days with routines and jobs are really most appealing to me. I know where I am supposed to be and what I can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on that 'ignoring reality' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was ok to abandon the house for a weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some quiet days are good. You seem to get out and a bout a lot at other times, so it must all even out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much to be said for silent times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quiet times are when we can air out our brains. Needed and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister-in-law used to hire a housekeeper to come in and clean the house once a week. The day before, she would actually tidy up before the maid came.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life