August 4, 2020

NO MEMORY




I took a two hour nap this afternoon.  I must have needed it.  George says I have chemo brain, but I think it worse.  Can’t remember things I used to do with ease….like delete old images from my point and shoot.  Often I remember a book that I’ve read.  That’s good since I am rereading my old favorites. 

 

I certainly can’t remember how to make coffee.  G drew me a little picture map with measurements and buttons and arrows to show me how.  I have it stuck to the front of my monitor.  G tells me when we have seen a TV show.  At the start of all this I would say, “I haven’t seen it.”  Now I don’t say a thing.

 

Margot is stopping by this evening.  We have a mountain of boxes ready for her down in the garage.  I remember my kids and grandkids.  I’m not good at phoning them, but I know who they are.  I remember George too. 

 

I remember the Hotel Del on Coronado…one of 12 remaining giant wooden, Victorian, railroad hotels.  As a teenager, I used to steal away out to the beach in front of it.  Now I only catch glimpses of it in passing.  I do remember having a birthday lunch in the Crown Room once.  Another meal in another dining room too.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Didn’t like my choice of blue chair cushions.  He’s online shopping for another choice.
  • Myself:  Got the last used copy of Harold Nicholson’s “Journey To Java.” Terrible fight with my CC as we had been hacked.
  • Reading:  Lindaa Castillo and Nichollson.
  • Photo:  Hotel Del.
  • Gratitude’s: That I am here to forget.

8 comments:

  1. Chemo brain is worst of all. My best friend still has it. She's used to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brain works well enough to post quite coherently, so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Now who could forget you??? Huggers for taking such good care of Mage (and yourself!!)

      Delete
  4. I'm with Anvilcloud, your post shows a perfectly fine brain. Blame the times we are in and chemo for any shortages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You remember the important things Madge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're here too, and I can fully commiserate with you. I find myself forgetting things that Robert remembers vividly, and HE's the one with dementia. I know Alzhimer's isn't contagious, yet I can sure feel the current lack of mental acuity. Thank God for George--he's a hero and a for sure keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad bits and pieces of memory popping in so maybe there will be more of it with lots of stimulation.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life