December 2, 2009

Turquoise




A little of this, and a little of that. 2009.





The Ruthie Gold Star for writing every day in the month of November!

Himself: Applied for the exact job he was doing before at the competition. Went to bogus job fair. Hung lights. Played games. Ate. Meeting. Call from dealer: fan clutch: overheating. Hose fell off: stall and free as part of the last repair. They are keeping Grumpy an extra day to make sure.

Herself: December entry…template et al. Read blogs and took the morning off. Lunch, had jeweler friend fix twisted chain. Errands.

Reading: Finished the Crowel.

Balance: Quiet.

Somewhere mid-year, I decided that we would have a turquoise tree for Christmas. So I began looking for those 1950’s turquoise ornaments I love at estate sales and thrift stores. I even did a bit of ornament shopping and watching on eBay. Entertaining but expensive.

As I found them, they went up into the bedroom storage.

Just after Thanksgiving, I pulled all my finds down to see what I had. I found I had massive amounts of turquoise balls and tear drops….enough for an eight foot tall tree. There were small, incompletely filled boxes, there was a big box filled with almost new ornaments, and there were three boxes of tear drops of late fifties vintage.

Frankly, it was all a little over whelming. But I stuck to my guns….turquoise only.

6 comments:

  1. For only one year? If you still have those ornaments, they might be worth something on Ebay if you are not using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-read your post and I think I understand that this is for THIS year..Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. tur kwas . . . lovely sound, word and especially color. i like these tree decorations. now if i could spot a turquoise vessel in the harbor, i'd just be happy. happy begin-the-holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I would love to go with a one-color tree, but my family would hang me from the upper limb if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turquoise is the Caribbean sea, the sunshine on coral reefs, the colour that makes your heart happy. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me to start blogging again. So if I need to remember my life one day I can go back and read it.

    I am sure the tree looks lovely with all that blue :)

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life