· It’s World Cancer Day. Coming as I do from a two disease family, alcoholism and cancer, I pay attention to World Cancer Day. I’m sure I told you before that both my mother and father had cancer. My father died of it. My best friend died of breast cancer as did an awful lot of other friends. Please get screened. Thanks.
· It’s also “I shouldn’t drive without coffee” day. I drove to Hillcrest for my yearly blood draw without coffee, breakfast, or meds. I survived, and so did everyone else. The Florida driver who changed lanes into me should appreciate my highly honed, automatic braking reflexes. I did not give him the finger. I’m home and have had coffee and meds. Life moves on.
· Just for those out here on the West Coast of America. It was 48 in Hillcrest this morning and 52 here…..11.11111 to 8.88888….oh, Brrrr…
· It was fun working with the books yesterday. I think we have all the Star Trek books among the mountains of stuff. I brought home one that’s titled, “Catalog Copy That Sizzles.” I had hopes that the book might energize my imagination about the copy I write every day on Facebook. Most days my copy lies limp, but I’m trying for zip.
· The sun is out, and I am thinking of driving down to the bay today camera in hand. You never know what you will find tucked into a corner.
- Himself: Really pretty good….I quote him directly.
- Herself: He brought me yogurt. Yes, I am so spoiled, but so is he. Perhaps we spoil each other.
- Reading: A JA Jance new one to me.
- Gratitudes: That my coffeeless bad temper didn’t last long.