May 7, 2017

ALDERS AND GUM TREES


Cutting down the leaning Alder.

·       They are cutting down trees here.  Once the primary treeS filling in the landscape around our condos were Alders.  They have a limited life span, and ours Alders have outlived theirs.  Now the dead Alders are coming down and Unfortunately Sweet Gum Trees are being planted.  They too are dying, and perhaps they aren’t the best choice for a replacement tree…not with those spikey seed pods.

·       We visited Poolie yesterday before lunch and the museum.  Her doctor says that the tumors are shrinking dramatically.  Taking potassium laden sports drinks, we discovered her consumption hasn’t equaled our presentations.  What does she want?  Plain pretzels.  We had to ask…does this mean salted?  Yes it did. 

·       Dianne Schmidley’s daughter posted this yesterday on Facebook:  “I just accessed Mom's Facebook yesterday. Some of you don't know that Mom died on March 24 from complications of a stroke. I am posting the link to her obituary here, and I am sorry to have to tell you all of this news. May she rest in peace. Her mass today at the abbey was exquisite. I felt as if I was getting a glimpse of heaven above. I am her daughter,  Constance Rose.
http://www.adventfuneral.com/archives/audrey-dianne-schmidley.htm



Dianne at the Prado in Balboa Park.  2017.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry your tree replacements aren't going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe that Dianne is gone. I miss her blog posts and her comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. She was so brilliant, and I miss her dearly.

      Delete
  3. I, too, miss Dianne. She was an intellect with a sharp wit. She was writing her blog and reading her books like the rest of us and suddenly she's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to be so loved!! Our trees are all climax and we just let them fall in the woods and then be thankful for winter firewood. Hubby is always trying to plant new trees everywhere We now have two buckeye seedlings and wondering where we can plant them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mage. That is such a cute picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't believe Dianne is gone. I still can't get myself to remove her from my sidebar. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life