December 28, 2017

WHAT MORE COULD I WANT


Japan, probably Nara, 1800.  This urn came from the Todai temple near Kyoto.

It’s a quiet, cold and sunny morning.  Dear Sick George is at work and seems to be awake.  He slept on raised pillows last night and told me he slept slightly better.  I was so tired after little sleep the night before and a book day at the store, I slept like a rock.  No coughs or snores permeated my really sound sleep.  What more could I want while sleeping next to misery.

Grumpy went to his mechanic yesterday, and he came home revitalized.  A new radiator and water pump replaced his original equipment.  At this rate, by the time we sell him he will be all new.  He’s going to be washed today as will Myrtle the Toyota. 

Margot loves her job, and her new scrubs fit.  What more could one want.

I had a wonderful time boxing up books that had been on the store shelves for three months.  For a long time they went to Father Joe’s thrift stores.  Now the library is taking them.  I’m really pleased about this.  When they sell them, the city gives each branch matching funds to be spent any way they want. 

I’m being domestic today.  Very unrealistic, I know this.  But the laundry, dishes, and orts need doing.  I’m the dogsbody today.  There were years I was incapable of doing this things at all.  Now days, I’m comfortable doing drudge stuff as I love the end result.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Slightly better.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Dogsbody ho.
  • Reading:  The brand new Detective Bosch came in to the store.  We are allowed to bring books home to read.  I also brought home Make Your Bed by Admiral William McRaven.
  • Captain Poolie:  No news as we haven’t read any on Facebook and are not visiting.
  • Gratitude’s:  That for the moment, I feel so well.


8 comments:

  1. In the days leading up to the New Year it IS nice to do the little tidy up/clean up jobs so you can start fresh. Yes, I know, I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry G is ill... it's probably that respiratory virus that's making the rounds. I've already had it, thank you! Our neighbor next door is down with it... part of me wants to make him chicken noodle soup and take it over to him. There's a part of me, however, that thinks I might be putting my own family at risk for whatever he's got. :/ Perhaps if I made it and called and left it on his doorstep?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogsbody stuff? Orts? Is that anything like Orcs? Sorry but I am clearly spacey today. We had a morning meeting and then went out for Thai pumpkin curry. Clearly too unusual a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogsbody stuff is all the scutt work no one really wants to do. A Dogsbody does it. Orts...English comedian Lord Buckley made a comic record "The Naz." The Naz fed the multitudes with the orts and leavings. (Complements of G.)

      Thai Pumpkin curry sounds really good. LOL

      Delete
  4. Good for you.I thought to tidy up today but after I made the bed I fought it off. Instead I will cook. Pesole and muffins. Hope G gets better soon and you stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry George is feeling punk and hope he will soon be feeling spiffy. Also hope he doesn't share with you. Stay rested and well and take care of eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope George feels better soon! Glad you are doing so well, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cars are such a trial when they keep misbehaving.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life