April 23, 2018

FORGETTING WITH CHANGES




It was a busy, busy day ending in sad forgetfulness. 

We rushed around in the sunshine getting errands run, smiling at ourselves, having fun and giving back at the same time.  You can’t beat that.  Costco for gas, for meds, for his diet drink.  Haircut for G.  We stopped by Amvets where I found a see through jacket of humorous intentions that fit.  G found a Mondrian tie from MOMA.  Vons for donuts for the shop.  After that we took three boxes of books to the shop priced and shelved them, then off to a birthday party for our water Aerobics teacher, Sallie.  Goodness, we were the dasher abouters this day.

G made a simple dinner, and we were off to pick up a friend and head to our Sunday Meeting.  I have a job to do there and repeatedly have forgotten it over the last few months.  Usually, someone reminds me.  This day I totally forgot it.  Very embarrassing. 

At the break, I told my friend Dee how I was feeling.  Afterwards she came up and commiserated with me.  She told me that she was so proud of me for being able to talk about it and that she had the same problem.  It was good to be able to talk about it.  (I forget a lot now, and I have told the doctor.)  Making a promise, even to a group, is still a promise I need to keep.  Now George will remind me, Dee will remind me, and I will put post-it’s up everywhere. 

It’s nice to not feel alone. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:   Work looks not too bad.  Meeting tonight.  Tax checks came in.
  • Herself:  Saturday was read in the sun behind the Auto Museum then on to an art show at Spanish Village at the other end of the Park.  Dinner was Chicken Pie shop.  My hospitalized friend, Claudia Kay, died yesterday from a heart attack just as she was being rolled in for surgery.  Her friend Mary had a stroke and is in a home.
  • Reading:  More Mrs. Polifax.  Today is “World Book Day.”
  • Watching:  More NG earth shows.  Tonight Antiques Roadshow.
  • Gratitude’s:  Biopsies came back negative.  Hurrah.

7 comments:

  1. Love that last line. It speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you do a lot in one day. No wonder you have trouble remembering those small tasks. I would be sound asleep by the time you were going to your meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you hugs. I don't don't know how you do it. I'd probably sleep the whole next day. But then great days are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As busy as you stay, forgetting is forgiven. Having a back up in G is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's nerve-wracking, so all the best.

    Even when I was young, my mother would tell me that I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forget too -- Robert reminds me of my appointments and I keep a small calendar by my computer--and I put PostIt's on my monitor when things are super important. Still, I forget. We are showing our age, you and I, and yet I'm grateful to be here to share it with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot what I was going to say...........

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life