July 5, 2018

A HOMISH 4TH




From email…..

Hope you are going to be able to stay cool during this heatwave.  It's supposed to be 90 here at the beach.  WOW.  We will have to make an effort to cool off the house before the heat hits, but when sealed up we stay cool.

You will laugh at me, but I subscribed to the Washington Post.  If I don't read the political headlines, just glance, I and my head are just fine.  For the first time in years, I am getting movie and book reviews.  It's kind of exciting.

The new manager ididn't get the suggestion that running two big EVENTS a month has failed the previous managers.  This week a doll event.  Comic Con next....no my costume isn't quite right.  The end of the month is a book sale.  At least the 13 remaining boxes of books are out of the garage. Hurrah, hurrah.

I sort and price books today.  Calming.  Tomorrow kitchen stuff….not calming.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  At work at 6, getting Margot’s 14 year token later.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Yesterday was fun watching everybody’s fireworks on TV.
  • Reading:  About a Scottish nurse in the fifties.
  • Gratitude’s:  That we don’t live in the 50’s.

9 comments:

  1. OH my, are reading "Call the Nurse?" I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I secnd that gratitude! Saw program recently about family life in the fifties. It was tough on women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy collection of dishes to eat from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painted flowers are Southern Potteries, and the solids are Russell Wright. I should show more. They delight me too.

      Delete
  4. We set another heat record today, but at least it's supposed to finally change overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give my congrats to Margot and so glad she realizes how valuable she is to everyone! We close all the drapes to keep out he sun and I do worry about the birds. Thanks for supporting a great newspaper! I get digital NYT and New Yorker and do try to read them both!! But as an old person, it is the least I can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet I will. Granddaughter is in a camp, and Margot is coming here. She is doing wonderfully well. Yes, digital WP, and I am truly enjoying it. Our newspaper here keeps getting sold, the presses were dismantled, the whole thing moved to LA. Now we have a third new owner. I like the NY times, but enough is enough. I read the BBC for a broader world view too.

      Delete
  6. There are things about the 50's I really miss. Probably cause I didn't know better at the time.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life