July 19, 2018

DAY: 2 ANTICIPATION



Qualcomm Station before the crowds.
           
We arrived at the sign in place for early volunteers only to find they didn’t put us in the computer.  We went downstairs to the disabled Volunteer area, got the jobs G wanted, made sure we could park the scooter in the scooter area, got our volunteer badges, and made it to a far, far away station to get our trolley passes. 

We got home after a brief stop at the grocery store, and George took a three hour nap.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  In an hour, we are heading into a maelstrom downtown.
  • Myself:  Amazed that he took such a long nap.  Looking forward to the cacophony downtown.
  • Reading:  ”Bliss” must be for juveniles.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I didn’t have to pack bags, that I found a panel on Art during WWII in Germany, That the scooter ran great except over railway tracks.



10 comments:

  1. If you are serious about the walking dead lanyard I'd be chuffed and will swap a gift in return
    My address is Bwthyn y llan, Cwm road, Trelawnyd, flintshire , north Wales U.K., LL186EF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor George. You have the scooter and can walk his legs off! You have a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, with his torn up knee and swollen leg, he too has a scooter. LOL

      Delete
  3. You reaffirm for me the importance of the journey as opposed to the destination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey if George gets tired, he can sit in your lap. Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm jealous. If I nap for 15' I consider it good. 10' is the norm ... if I nap at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I napped for 3 hours I would be up all night. Hubby can nap that long and still snore through the night. Glad things finally worked out for you! Do elaborate on the panel on art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robert's usually good for 30 min. to an hour unless I make noise and disturb him. He hits the bed long before I do but sleeps through the night. I'm good for about 3-4 hours and then I'm up. I felt a respiratory infection coming on at 3 a.m. -- runny nose, cough, etc., etc. Took 1/2 antihistamine and drank a cup of Celestial Seasonings Cold Calm tea and felt right as rain when I got up at 7. Wonder drug in a tea bag...

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a minute there I thought you were going to say 'to a galaxy far far away".....kind of disappointed that you didn't.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life