July 28, 2018

JOURNALING



Outside on the top deck looking down the length of the Convention Center.

I picked up a book on Journaling at work yesterday.  It made me aware that I don’t really keep a journal any more.  Perhaps I just offer blurbs of the day.  Lately just a photo.  As I cleaned and tidied up for the housecleaner, I found this small bit.  Its real journaling of the tell all variety, but, believe it or not, it leaves me with a smile.

First Day Of Summer

Tooth out,
Hearing aids in.
Knee a doubtful thing
and the right shoulder
tells all its aches and pains
leaving me
without joy for a moment.

Hiatal hernia,
Gastritis,
muscular skeletal damage,
then add
chronic Pancreatitis
combined with
a pinched nerve,
collapsing
crumbling spine,
and all those
other
old folk things
plus a new bridge.

Just think of all the fun I had
working to make
these things
Mine.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Still working some awful long hours.  Feeding neighbor’s 4 cats.  Very tired.  BBQ didn’t want to work yesterday until folks were leaving.
  • Myself:  New leg compressor that seems to stay up.  Thank you G for finding it.
  • Reading:  The new Silva.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I was able to laugh at that ditty.



10 comments:

  1. I should print this off and tape it to my bathroom mirror. It's a big club Mage, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs at you. My front tooth fell out during breakfast too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took a professional effort. No half measures at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. It is good to keep a sense of humour about this aging racket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. A number of things in that poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. You listed a lot of my complaints but I really like how you summed it up. Yes, most of them were fun at the time and it is too easy to forget that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had to live hard to be in the mess's we're in now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughing is the only way to survive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life