August 16, 2018

NIPS, NODS, AND ORTS




Path up the side of Bobbies house with a dead pink tree, a purple bridge, and red doors

·       Pancreatic cancer in the news again.  The magical Aretha Franklin dead at 76, says the Washington Post.  A dear friend of the 80’s, Ida May, had Pancreatic cancer as did my special OD friend, Seedys..  My first husband died of it too.  Gel, from OD and Prosebox, was diagnosed yesterday.  Another blogger, Ronnie Bennett of Time Goes By is dealing with it every day.
·       I study every day.  Out of frustration, I found the California Drivers book online and have been reading it.  I’ve not been doing really well on the practice tests, but I persevere.
·       Today was the eye doctor’s appointment.  After the first batch of tests, I was greatly saddened.  My right eye had worsened.  The doctor did more checking, and With one new lens, my eye will see in the normal range.  I will meet the DMV parameters of 20/40.   I can’t tell you how that exciting that was to hear.



Glimpse of the new studio and the state park.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Treating himself so well.  Gym then work.  Bravo.
  • Myself:  My leg is almost healed so I can head in a new direction at the pool again.
  • Reading:  An early Silva.  His last one was really dry, this one is up to his usual passion level.
  • Gratitude’s:  I am so grateful that my eyes can be brought up to the bottom of the DMV range.



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Now I have to pass the written test too. LOL

      Delete
  2. Good news about the eyes. You can pass that twst Mage! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news about the vision correction. If I remember correctly, our friend Seedys was also a victim of Pancreatic Cancer. Sadly, it also took my aunt, and I was her caregiver for her last few months. I haven't ever heard of a survivor from that particular cancer, but mercifully, the end comes quick, though with extreme pain from what I've seen/read. Happiness is being able to get in the water again. Do take care. Love you... (and George!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. Be confident, you can ace that written test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That form of cancer is particularly brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the good and very helpful information and I like it so much. Thank you for sharing this.
    การออกกำลังกาย

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life