September 11, 2018

PASSED

2018, at the Mingei.

I write these words for myself so I will remember this birthday later.
           
I passed my driver’s license tests…both on the second try this 9/11 birthday.  I am very grateful to both DMV employees that were so kind to me today.  The young lady that gave my right eye a second chance, and the kind man who gave my brain a second chance were both wonderfully thoughtful to this nervous 77 year old lady.

It was a hard row for me to hoe.  I just wasn’t retaining the material.  Increasingly I came to know that I’ve had a small second stroke.  My learning disabilities have been blooming, and my short term memory shrank in direct proportion. 

But by now that you know I’m dogged about things. 

The first lady gave me two chances to pass the eye test.  By leaning far forward while pushing the glasses nearer to my eyes, I could guess at the letters.  I could tell I didn’t quite get all those fuzzy things, but she grinned and gave me a pass.  The gentleman with the testing computers asked me if I would like to take it again.  You bet your sweet bippy I would…and it was almost like the first test.  I passed this also.

George took me out to lunch, shopping for good shirts, and of course to Costco for gas.  Thanks to Michele, our neighbor with the cats, we have reservations for dinner at Donovan’s.  I came home to a gold box filled with delightful red rhinestone and fake diamond necklace and earrings.  He’d been hiding it for over six months.  Yes, I will wear it tonight.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Utterly kind all day.  Lunch a Cuban, chips, and a cookie plus 1/3 my salad.
  • Myself:  Gloomy but surviving well now.  I won’t do it again tho.  On to the quilt next.
  • Reading:  Bought “Fear” at Costco today.  Am hoping this volume will do the same thing to Trump as a previous volume did to Nixon.
  • Gratitude’s:  George for holding my hand; Joan and Margot on the new cell, and Laka thinking me a fool for buying “Fear.”



13 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did it! Well done Mage. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mage, that is a beautiful photo. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retaining that DMV material is very hard, and some of the questions are tricky too. So good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mage, I just love that gorgeous photo of you. I so sorry for all the struggle you're going through. Congratulations on passing the test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!! All smiles here with pride at your accomplishment in the face of your fear. Blessings to those DMV employees, for they must have realized you are a safe and careful driver who was just a tad nervous. When do you think you had the stroke? I am saddened to learn this. Do take care of yourself!! Blessings to George for being such a thoughtful and caring person. He IS a jewel. Hugs and love to you both! T

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's terrific. Congrats to you and to your kindly overseers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Mage and you look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you can exhale thanks to all your studying and two employees who did more than just put in time that day. Have you seen your doctor about the stroke so maybe you can get the proper medications? Do take care.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life