October 9, 2018

ENTHUSIASM


The Summer of Our Discontent.
           
Grey skies again, and just for the moment I rejoice.  I was off to a women’s meeting in real clothing.  I told them that I was leaving for the winter.  It’s already too dark for me to drive at 0615.  I will really miss these thoughtful ladies.  The topic was thinking…you know that thinking gets me in trouble every time.  And too I got to give a wonderful stained glass artist a two month token. 

Now I need to change into old sweats and enthusiasm so I can manhandle the dirty laundry down to the machines.  Later I need to crank up that enthusiasm so I can turn some of those pigeons I drew in gold thread into Crows.   Lots of crows
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  At work at 6.  Getting his teeth cleaned today.
  • Myself:  Disappointed in the quilt right now.  Got to drive Grumpy…he’s been on a trickle charge as gas nears four dollars a gallon.  He still gets 17.
  • Reading:  Still nothing.
  • Gratitude’s:  For those wonderful women.



12 comments:

  1. Ah yes, driving at night. I have given it up although I could if I absolutely had to. I think that quilts are too long and hard and I know I would hate mine when it was done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am struggling with this one, but G likes it.

      Delete
  2. I forgo to ask...are those your girls in the painting? Really has a style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first big painting. A bit of my house and backyard. Bobbie is walking toward you. Milaka is swinging, and both kids are running to you. Thanks for the kind words. It really has color.

      Delete
  3. I'm still hesitant to let Laura drive in the dark. It's darn dark here with no street lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go with her a few times and see how she does.

      Delete
  4. Love the painting! The colours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your painting is so full of life and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the quilt. Bobbie will too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the painting. One can really feel the joys of summer in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are having fun, but not the women.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life