October 8, 2018

AH COMFORT


                        

Ah, comfort.
           
We went round and round in circles yesterday.  First, an estate sale filled with marvelous fabrics of every era…quilts, south American weavings, and more.  If I had been a rich woman, I would have bought it all. 

Costco, I bought the new JA Jance, and he bought me a brown leather back pack with myriads of zippered pockets.  He bought himself a new curved and much larger monitor.  What a lovely idea, but he spent the rest of the afternoon trying to make it work.  Right now he has two computers with a KD switch so he can use them both on one monitor.  He went out and bought a new connection.  He struggled.  He cursed.  In the end, everything went back.  His old computers are hooked into his old monitor.

Modern technology has eluded his old computers, but he looks comfortable.  Peace reigns.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Only 50 files to work on this morning now that the PI Team works on the weekend.
  • Myself:  I followed G around yesterday with my book in my hands. Peace indeed when I can sit in the car and read.
  • Reading:  The new JA Jance.
  • Gratitude’s:  That the days are sunny and comfortable, and the nights are cool. 


10 comments:

  1. The software is always outpacing the hardware!! That backpack idea is nice. I have a few, but nothing with lotsof zippered pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's small in comparison to those school backpacks. And it has a LOT of zippered areas. Got it at Costco. :)

      Delete
  2. We are having frost at night now. Brrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to catch a few ZZZ's. I am still dealing with Windows 7 for I can't bear tackling "new".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like Windows 7, but pretty soon they will stop supporting it.

      Delete
  4. Hot tomorrow, colder, colder, colder from Wednesday on. I am tired of flipping the furnace/A-C switch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love these cooler days, but the wind has been so high that it's too cold for Robert to work on the layout. Trade-offs all the time. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nowadays, I'm going with the lightest backpack or rolling one. Sigh...
    Technology drives me crazy too.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life