October 21, 2018

THE DAILY RANDOM

1979: La Dolce Vita tied up at the Southwestern Y.C.>
           
After posting yesterday’s awful drawing here, G and I were off to the Friends Book Sale.  I thought there would be crowds, but no.  There was just a comfortable number of shoppers.  Then again, we weren’t there at the start of things. 

I had hopes of finding all of the Harry Potter books.  Hardbound copies had been there Thursday, but this day there were only four of the six and in paperback.  I grabbed them for Zoe…as she has stated she likes Harry.  There had been one other book that caught my eye, “The Night Before Christmas” illustrated by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_Shinn>Everett Shinn.  I had a hunt to find it, but did at last.  He was a most famous member of the Ashcan School, and by 1942 was in awful financial straits.  These illustrations are charming, and the book will make a great Christmas Present for some artist.

I spent the afternoon turning faded blue or faded brown drawings black.  Those faded colors look even less than visible when used online.  Why I drew with those colors, I do not know.  If I am going to share them with you, you might as well be able to see them.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Museum closed yesterday, so he took the day off gloriously.  Today pick up his small winnings from the Lotteries, and he has no other plans till a birthday party and the meeting.
  • Myself:  Drop off my books that I got from Central library, bathe, and go to a birthday party before the Sunday meeting.  I am ashamed of many of my acquaintances who accepted invites to last years party and didn’t show.  I wouldn’t do that to anybody, and this birthday girl is fragile.
  • Reading:  One more mystery.
  • Gratitude’s:  That the Friends bookstore wants me back, that G brought up Breakfast, and that I remembered my youngest’s birthday just in time.



9 comments:

  1. The grandkids and I just went to our library sale. It was very small but we managed to buy more than we plan. I got two lovely books on tiny houses I'm putting in a gift for my daughter-in-law Heather. She wants to build one and her kids are all in school now. Books, books, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a pass on the big book sale this year...it was hard...but I already have so darn much stuff we will have to pack when the time comes. Trust me, once we finally get established in a condo I WILL be at that book sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books... shamelessly buying them when I really should only borrow from the Library or read freebies from e-authors online. The same holds true for fabrics, though I have to admit I do use the fabrics to make things for others. Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my favorite sketch so far. My house is so tiny that there is little room for books which is why I adore my Kindle. I have several hundred to be read books in a 5X7 bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sketch! My favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My granddaughter didn't take to Harry Potter books but apparently has been reading Harry Styles, which is the name of a musician ... and I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, But granddaughter Zoe has now begun reading HP...at age 13. I'm relieved.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life