June 22, 2019

COSTUMINGS


I've been reading Reeve Lindbergh’s books lately.  Her ‘memoir’ is really about her family, but "No More Words" is really an unusual memoir in its own.  Her mother, Anne Morrow Lindbergh is one of my favorite writers.  I even have first editions of her first two books.  Here one sees her at the end of her life, and I find myself mesmerized by Reeves words.

Here too life is quiet.  Rather than worry, I nap.  The doc wants a Pet scan before the biopsies, but they are scheduled backwards.  I worry.  I get to thinking, and worry.  Poolie comes into my mind, and I worry even more.  LOL

One month to Comic Con, and I am making a long furry vest to go over my long dress.  Granddaughter has picked a costume, but it is at a friend’s house and the friend is sick.  She doesn't know if it fits yet.  I'm feeling pretty good even with a slow weight loss.  Ditto G.  Other news...the leg that had surgery was in real agony for a week or so.  I couldn't sit still.  Finally, I took all the compression stuff off, and for the first time in ages no pain at all.  Heaven only knows what I will do about my lymphedema.

George is being wonderfully solicitous….so kind.     
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Wining every solitaire game he plays.  So far: 53323 games on his new computer with no losses.
  • Myself:  Today: Reading and napping.
  • Photo:  Mine.  An early Photoshop version.
  • Reading:  Lindbergh’s “No More Words.”
  • Gratitude’s:  G and Sunshine.



7 comments:

  1. You are really having a rough go of it. Sorry you are going trough this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mage...
    I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I'm glad your leg is better though. That's a plus. Any plus is good these days, isn't it? I feel like I'm on tenterhooks too these days. I shall look forward to your Comic Con photos. I can't wait to see your costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gray worry shadows in the night when all we can see is what can go wrong...yep. I send you wishes an thoughts for a super successful surgery and a peaceful but semi-active recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can clear the sewing table so you can start cutting fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understand those worries that invade our lives. Know you will feel better when you get some results. Looking forward to seeing your costume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish every day were better, but each individually passed OK when you went to bed and started out shiny when you woke up. Days are strange things, like little cartoon animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck of thing when you lie down for some rest and those thoughts keep creeping in. Here's to positive results, less pain, and some peace of mind. Many hugs to you Mage.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life