June 21, 2019

SUMMER DAYS

Alcazar Gardens in Balboa Park just behind the Mingei Museum.
                                                
No, it doesn’t really look like that today.  The thick grey overcast we call June Gloom is with us now through the first part of July.  It really is perfect for photography, so I’ve begun to take my camera with me everywhere again.  The sewing machine is uncovered, and the unfinished quilt is out.  I’ve gone to the gym three days this week and can see the results in my leaps and bounds down our many stairs.

My resolute plans are often overturned.  I’ve been announcing, for weeks, that I need to hit a thrift shop or three for a vest to complete my Comic Con costume.  Amvets, Thrift Village, Value Village, Goodwill, Salvation Army, and repeat.  My badge has come, and my costume is naked.  Basically it is similar to the one I made last year, but with a vest instead of an apron. 

Comic Con is less than a month away.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Nit-picking estimates for wrecks for insurance companies.
  • Myself:  The house is a mess and we had an early morning visitor.  Teaches me a lesson.
  • Photo:  Mine.
  • Reading:  ”Under a Wing.”
  • Gratitude’s:  G for the morning coffee.



6 comments:

  1. Thrift Shop shopping here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the thrift shops. A great place for a browse. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wandering a thrift store is a joy. Perhaps you need a couple of vests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Company never comes right after you clean do they? Can't believe it is Comic Con all ready. Wow does time fly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was always sunny there. The gloom must help the temperature a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at a Thrift shop a few weeks ago. That was fun!
    I just took my sewing machine to be cleaned and serviced. $169! Sheesh! And she told me I should bring it in yearly. Ummmm... I hadn't had it serviced since I bought it ... ummmm.... 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life