June 10, 2019

RITUALS

2019 Fronting the lily pond.

Monday morning rituals include the doing the laundry…one I am not fond of.  It’s piled up now in the bathroom with the sheets gathered on the bed.  I asked George if he would carry it all down for me next time he headed downstairs.  (Yes, we are actively looking for a one story something to live in.)  I, of course, forgot to ask him when he went down earlier for his breakfast.

We had a good weekend.  He went to work Saturday at the museum, and I rolled around Balboa Park for a few hours.  I had wanted to get to the far side of Balboa Park to photograph the roses there.  He had insisted my battery was fully charged.  I didn’t believe him tho I headed out anyway.  I did make it to the plaza in front of the Space Museum, before I turned for home.  My scooter has a circle of lights telling you how much poser you had left.  I was watching them fade away. 

Yes, it was exciting to get on the road again with my old camera in hand.

Yes too, going around in Balboa Park is always a nostalgic trip for me.  My grandmother always figured out beautiful or exciting places to take me on the days she had me.  We would take the trolley down to the train Depot to watch the steam trains come in.  We would go to Balboa Park and visit the Zoo where kids were admitted free.  She would patiently wait outside while I would do one or two things then come out to join her for a picnic lunch.


The Lily pond behind the flowers.
                                                
I have been a member or a volunteer at a number of museums over the years.  I have walked the covered ways seemingly forever.  Occasionally we have been to The Old Globe theater…or one of the others near it. My mother married Gunny in the little, hidden St. Francis chapel, and I graduated from High School at the Prado Restaurant.  Perhaps this place has become part of our family just as it has with thousands of other families. 

The sun was out.  George really enjoyed the new exhibit at his museum, and I made it back to the car while I still had a battery.  What more could one ask.                                                      
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  His Monday is work and his Men’s meeting.
  • Myself:  Laundry and a new book.
  • Photos:  Mine 2019.
  • Reading:  The newest Joe Gunther mystery.
  • Gratitude’s:  G.



7 comments:

  1. A place with both a past and a present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty. I've never been there. I was cleaning shower curtains this morning. No fun. Hawaii has lots of mold. Sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some good memories there, Mage. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spammers have been extra busy lately. Glad you are getting out and around. I absolutely love your lily pond photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminded me of my grandmother, taking me on the trolley in Cleveland, and to a Chinese restaurant under the Hippodrome Theater and going to the zoo and to ball games. I sat behind first base with her for the 1948 world series, the last time Cleveland took the title. Thanks for a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know why I never thought about it but I guess those batteries do run down. Kind of a scary thought but thank goodness for cell phones. Glad your lovely trip did not get to experience a lack of power.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life