October 5, 2019

AIDS WALK WEEK

Three AIDS Walk panels together.

·       It’s been AIDS walk week here at the end of September.  Both George and I were once very much a part of the AIDS Quilt Organization.  AIDS is now much different than it was then.  A handful of pills might keep you alive for a few years, now one pill will do it.  There are before and after pills too.  There’s no cure yet, but someday there will be.
                                                       

Top Left panel.

·       I’d like to still be a part of some social thing like this, but I am getting slowed down.  Right now my blood pressure is high, and my O2 saturation level is sideways.  I’m fine when I am sitting…which isn’t useful at all.


AIDS WALK panel.

·       Next week my kind supporter will be keeping me company at the nurses, the Oncologist’s, to bloodwork, Dr’s Wong and Hemp, and two things on Friday.

·       Life would be easier if I could read my own handwriting.  At least I’ve stopped leaking tho I take 15 pills a day now.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Took Granddaughter Zoe to the Park with him.
  • Myself:  Went out to breakfast downtown OB  There was one of my drawings right there in front of us.  Food was great.
  • Photo:  George, Mage, and The AIDS Walk Org.
  • Reading:  Cadell,.
  • Gratitude’s:  George, Margot, and all those home health care nurses.



7 comments:

  1. I remember seeing some of those aid quilts years ago, they were beautiful tributes to the victims made by their friends and family. It's amazing how far the medicine has advanced in just a few decades. At least now there is hope for those afflicted with the HIV virus.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how far we've come. I once put together a block for a local quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you working on blocks for the AIDS quilt... my word... 15 pills??? My own breathing has improved greatly (thankfully) and I am still using 2 of the three inhalers regularly and the third one as needed. I was truly worried that I'd never breathe right again. :/ I know what you mean about just sitting and doing nothing--poor substitute for being up and about and DOING. love you and you WILL get better! p.s. I wrote--because you told me to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just saw that a new pill had been approved, but I didn't click, so I can't say more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes they have come a long way and hopefully they will make it all the way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost a friend to AIDs. I wish that cure could have come in time for him. Sigh...
    You're taking 15 pills? Oh wow, Mage.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life