October 2, 2019

GOOD AND THE BAD

                                                       
There are days with major surgery recovery when nothing goes right.  They may have told me not to build a rock garden after my Gall Bladder surgery, but I didn’t clearly understand why not.  Now I have great stretches of internal scar tissue and understand why not.

This time they told me that if my side drains great masses of fluid, go to the ER.  I’m draining, and I am trying not to go to the ER.  Yesterday morning, I got up, coughed, and flooded the bed.        At that time, we were waiting for the dryer repair person to show up.  We got our money’s worth at 19 years.  Still, the bathtub and garage filled with wet laundry. 

It was my visiting nurse day.  She got on the phone with my doctor and his nurse.  Pictures were sent.  The horror of ripped skin, red scars, tape allergy reaction, and dirty tape marks were shared with the world.  My mid-section does look like a war zone. 

George went out and drove until he found an abdominal binder.  Drip pans and wrapping-be-me.  No more tape.  We don’t know if I am worth all the trouble, but we laugh about it.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  At work at 6 again so he can drive me around.  Tomorrow is worse: CT scan, x-ray, and office visit.
  • Myself:  Yesterday was bad.  I’m ok today.
  • Photo:  Mine on the bay.
  • Reading:  A really old Cadell.
  • Gratitude’s:  George gets another gold star.



18 comments:

  1. I have a woman to help keep me in line at times like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are having these difficulties. Hang in there, George will get you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not good. You have to look after yourself. No more rock gardens for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonder George can walk under the weight of the gold medals. Yes, you take care, be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yiiiiikes, Mage! Please, please take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. Lazed in bed until almost eight today.

      Delete
  6. Wishing you lots of good and hoping there's no more bad to come!
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not as patient as the both of you. I have to get angry for an hour and then return to normal. I will not be a good patient or nurse in the future...I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Good to hear... I'm sensitive to tape too, and any time I have blood drawn I refuse to have anything more than a ball of cotton at the site. Gentle hugs to her from me...

      Delete
  9. So sorry you are having such complications. I am glad though that you are finally seeking professional help. Please behave and take better care of your self so you can heal and put this all behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very good since the beginning. Not "FINALLY" But still getting professional help.

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear the issues you are experiencing. Hopefully they will be sorted out and put in the rearview mirror. Take it easy and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness... I am so sorry. It seems like you're doing the '2-step' of healing--two steps forward and one step back. George is such a hero... I'm glad you have a nurse visting to make sure you're doing o.k. Do take care... Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such timing... my debit card gets hacked and here's an ad selling cards to hack ATM's. You people should be ashamed of yourself! Karma is real and you're piling up a big debt of negative Karma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you need a Legit hacker to help you with a programmed blank ATM card you can use in Withdrawing $5000, $10,000 or more daily from any ATM Machine anywhere in the world for 5 years?

    If yes contact them on whatsApp +15085930940, or Email him on liqiudwormhackers@gmail.com.

    And get your already programmed Blank ATM card immediately he is really good and he help in changing my financial status, your appreciation in me is more than what you have done. I’m really grateful.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life