April 10, 2020

CAN HE LIFT ME



Isolation is driving us all mad. The first thing Bobbie said to me today was, “My credit score just went up to 850.”  George says that if he can’t lift me, I can’t come home.  I can’t spare the time to pull my hair out.

The freeways are empty, it’s been raining for five days in LA and two here, and the sign on door still says, “Welcome Home!  Maggie.”  Note, even my name is spelled wrong.  Outside, on the giant patio, a drain is plugged.  The maintenance crew marches back and forth with great enthusiasm.

The doctor’s assistant calls to make a phone appointment.  At the end I whine and say,” I want outta here.”  She says, “The safest place to be is home.”  “I’m not at home,’’ I reply.  “I’m in a nursing home.”  She says, “She is sorry.”
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Myself:  Working through the Crais.
  • Reading:  More Crais.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I have books,




  • 12 comments:

    1. As you PT to show you how to use a gait belt to rise up. Then remember to show George.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Stand up, sit down.... fight fight fight!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You too. The stronger you are, the sooner I can come home.

        Delete
    3. Keep working Mage! You’ll do it!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Sounds like Joanne is onto something. Meanwhile, I feel for you. It can't be fun at all.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Surely there are devices like the gait belt that Joanne mentioned that can help. Amazon has them. Maybe a pull up bar over the bed. Looks like you and George will have a fitness program built into your days. Good idea to ask your PT about helpers.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I hope you are getting stronger and will be able to go home before much longer.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I agree -- a pulley with a bar suspended above your bed would enable you to pull yourself up in bed then you could swivel around and put your feet down on the floor before using a walker (set beside the bed) to stand. George could be there with the gait belt to aid you. It's got to be doable some way or other!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. BTW... that photo is one of the best ones of you and George!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wishing you lots of strength so you can head home.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I can tell you are at wits end. IM me an address and I will send stuff. I don't know what, but maybe something to make you realize that you WILL get home. Just be patient. Patient with yourself, patient with the Geezer, and patient with all those health workers who give to us all by taking care of those we love and miss!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life