April 4, 2020

PHOTOS AND FOODS

March 30, 2020                                                            

I must confess that I do not remember how to post pictures from IMGUR to my blog host.  I need to ask G, for he has a newer photo on his page. 

Now the food.  I remember the food.  Here it is nowhere near as bad as the last place, but there are occasions when it falls in the truly abominable category.  I’ve taken to eating as little as possible.  A really bad egg soufflé was often offered over there for breakfast.  Not here, thank god.  But the cook here has a tendency to undercook the veggies.  Undercooked frozen foods do not appeal to me. 


March 31, 2020                                                                      THE HALLWAY

When I first got here, I fell…out in the hall.  It had been suggested I walk out in the hall, but with the drama of my fall the staff decided that I should stay in my room.

April 1, 2020                                                                            EXERCISE

Of course I have to get moving.  If I don’t, I will never go home again.  I have a new OTherapist…who I like, and I have a  PTherapist who I don’t like.  “Like” Doesn’t matter at all.  I just have to off my bum and do these moves.

April 2, 2020 

They both show up on the same day.
I made both of them write down the days they were each free.  OT on Monday and Wednesdays.  pt on Tuesdays and Thursdays.











9 comments:

  1. Keep moving Mage, way to go. Sorry about the food. Can you get take out delivered? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Determination is important. Keep moving Mage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gald you are taking charge of your care. Sometiems these overworked folks needs to stop and just think about the people they are working on/with! Each post you sound a bit better and i ike that. We are all confined these days...we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, up off your bumm and make those moves!
    Stand up, sit down. ... Heat & Repeat!

    Muchas Smuchas
    Yer G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four days of therapy is wonderful Do it, do it, do it. You can, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully, you have those two organized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are getting up and moving. Even better is that you are wanting to do it. Quite a schedule you have. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh... as others have said, you're beginning to sound like the you we all know and love. Smiles here... Glad to know you have books to take you away from the reality of your situation. And yes, getting up and moving around a bit is excellent. I need to do more of that myself! Our rain has stopped and blue skies are showing between great white puffy clouds. Love to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to read you’re coming along and getting cantankerous — always a good sign I liked to see in my patients .... but not too much of it. Ha! What you describe with overlapping tx sessions could be a problem for contract therapists, more so than those full time in-house. We each had our own schedules independent, different sets of patients all unknown to each other that frequently could suddenly change as we hastily drove from one site to another, combatted traffic, encountered new unexpected issues when we finally arrived at each destination, trying to see everybody without getting side-tracked by staff or other, so we could end our day at a decent hour. Surprise, surprise, sometimes we all ended up at the same time to see a patent we had there — P.T., O.T., S.T. Could also be at less than optimum time for patient which we did try to avoid but not always possible as patient couldn’t predict how they’d be from one minute or day to the next any more than we could. Humor became a saving grace for patient and therapists, plus it releases healing endorphins into the body. Hang in there. Keep doing your exercises. Hope the food gets better, but don’t hold your breath til it does.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life