June 15, 2020

UP


           


So up I pulled myself up the stairs, and everyone cheered.  In the afternoon, George and I went mattress hunting.  He found what he liked on line, we went to that particular store, and he laid on a “medium” mattress.  He didn’t like it.  We both liked the “firm” one.  With a twenty year warrantee on the mattress and a ten year warrantee on the cover, we figure this will be the last one we buy if we live to 100.

Yesterday, the eldest child showed up with her youngest daughter, and they put everything in the living room back in the bedroom.  This morning we were faced with a mountain of boxes and bundles that had to be translated back into living things. 

Dear G didn’t sleep well, so I think a nap is in order.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Myself:  My new computer “just” fits.  I too am tired.  Mexican for dinner last night.  Lots of time with Zoe.
  • Reading:  I need to pick a new series.
  • Photo:  Stairs.
  • Series:  Greys Anatomy.
  • Gratitude’s:  After trying out the bed.


  • 9 comments:

    1. A new bed is nice. We bought one when I retired 10 years ago and had our apartment in San Francisco. Brought it back to Fresno to replace the 35 year old waterbed. It is still doing well.

      ReplyDelete
    2. We need a new bed too, but I hate the idea to go mattress hunting again. Those are steep stairs, Mage. I’m glad you have handrails on both sides like we do. I certainly do use ours.

      ReplyDelete
    3. The stairs are an accomplishment.

      ReplyDelete
    4. moving "Up" in the world is a good thing

      ReplyDelete
    5. Goodness those stairs would have me puffing. Congrats. Enjoy that new bed. That can make a world of difference in how you sleep.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sending you hugs. Congrats on the new bed. Use those hand rails they really help getting up the stairs.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Look at you! This isn't the Mage we were cheering for not so long ago. And, we're still cheering.

      ReplyDelete
    8. The stairs look steep but they are good exercise.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life