October 11, 2020

LIFE IS




Bobbie suggested I try out Poetry Soup.  I can do that.  And did that.  I also almost finished the second part of the cooking history series too.  Yes, I am having fun with it.

 Home:  The photo is the south wall of the bedroom with its tall ceiling.  Left to right is a Robert Miles Parker portrait of me in the Front and Fir kitchen…speaking of tall ceilings.  Next, bottom to top, are two Edwardian water colors topped by a four by three acrylic portrait of our friend Anita Green by Don DeLlamas  Next to that on the right is a Japanese print that was G’s mom’s.

We are having trouble getting reservations for the pool.  Lots of 5am openings.  It may be good exercise for me, but I am not getting up at that hour to get wet and cold.  So we have been going once a week only.  I have to find out how a scooter lady can get into the pool through that side gate designed for folks like me.

 Nothing else is happening.  I read.  I blog or post things, and I discover new worlds online.  Yesterday I found “Scrapyard Ships” on Ship Spotting.  With the Covid depression sinking businesses, the beaches at Alang, Busan, Brownsville, and other worldwide sites are looking crowded.  Crowded with cruise ships too.

Turkey. Copyright Reuters.           

Every aspect of our world is changing rapidly.  Sometimes, as ABC news tells us, the change hurts.   ABC says that the cheering, uniformed audience at Trumps White House rally were paid.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  No plans for the day.  Potr4oast for dinner.
  • Myself:  Finish and post #2 in the food series.  I’ve reached WWII.
  • Reading:  Another Gilman.  My taste in books must drive my library friend and new gramma nuts.
  • Photo:  Reuters photo of cruise ships beached in Turkey.
  • Gratitude’s:  That all the little aches and pains of yesterday are gone.

  

9 comments:

  1. I wonder how many of the changes people are settling into will be permanent once the pandemic is under control and there's a reliable vaccine. I've done all I'm doing for today, getting ready to settle down with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t be up at 5 for the pool either.

    This pandemic has brought about many changes which will be permanent I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely secretary, too.
    I watched a video today of a man who, with his wife, was taken hostage in Iran. He was in solitary confinement for 18 months, his wife for 8. He explained how to be happy with yourself as the only salvation for being alone in a 6x8 room. Bored? Go for a walk. Eight feet is enough room to walk in. It was enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascinating. I watched a video about a narrow boat stuck sideways in a British canal. Yours was more enlightening than mine. The desk was my grandmother's. They bought it for my father when he went away to college.

      Delete
  4. The pot roast came out pretty good if I do say so myself, and I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little picture gallery! That portrait is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five AM in a pool would be a real wake up. No need for coffee after that.
    I think some of the changes will stay. Grocery pick up and working from home will probably remain a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard enough time going out for a walk at 5:30 in the morning. We had a Viking cruise set for May. Sigh... I don't know when we'll be able do the cruise. I know it won't be next year.
    Well... Trump's doctor says he's now not contagious. That doctor has been evasive and misleading from the start and still won't say when the last negative result was. Why should I believe him now?

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life