November 14, 2020

A VETERANS DAY BOAT PARADE

 


From really big and built for speed,


to really small.


How did the owner of that boat manage to get all those Uniformed men on board?  Hoo-rah they called.  George called back, "Go ARMY."

“Navy Vet on board.  My Dad,” says the writing on the surf board.



When they announced a “boat parade,” I thought it might be bigger ships.  Nope, but I am glad we went anyway.  There weren’t big crowds this year for the Veterans day parade.  Some were up on top of the new Brigantine/Ketch/ and Miguel’s restaurant, and I longed to be with them.  The Brig has the best fish tacos in town.  G insisted we go home to his diet as it is working. 


 The final vessel in the parade.         

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  He’s been mindlessly playing computer games.  I don’t say much as he was the one that went to work for all those years.  Baked stuffed pears and served whipped cram.  Successful.
  • Myself:  I suppose I could do laundry this first day on the Purple tier.  There are always folks who think that wearing a mask is an impingement on their personal space.  So we start all over again.  G’s museum is closed, and almost everything else is closed.
  • Reading:  Gilman
  • Watching:  The British Baking Show season 4.
  • Photos:  of the Veterans Day Boat parade.
  • Gratitude’s:  The sun is out, water aerobics went well this week, and I only have toe and finger dings.

 

5 comments:

  1. We are tired of this virus and the precautions but they are working here. Take care, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that parade from big to small---the message rang loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful way to acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boat parade was cool and the baked pears were to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's terrible of me, but everytime I see a convoy of anything or a flotilla of boats with huge American flags, I think it's Trump supporters. It's horrible that he's tarnished the flag for me.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life