November 4, 2020

DINNER FOR TWO


 “Too Close to Call” is the mantra for the day interspersed with Trump’s comments about taking the election to the Supreme Court…to any court.  Even Nixon didn’t behave this way.  True madness.

G and I stayed up late, for us, last night.  This morning I got sucked in to the “too close to call” stuff for a little while.  G was making starships.  We had dinner given to us last night, and G was able to call the restaurant in the Feeding Seniors program.  If you are low income below a certain point, the program gives you three meals a day.  If you make slightly more, and we do, they will deliver you a dinner.  In our case, dinner for two.

We found a delightful dinner on our doorstep.  Chicken and oriental veggies in a ginger/soy sauce with couscous.  G talked with the owner of the catering company, and the man said that the program has literally saved his business.

Trivia:  Yesterday I wore red white and blue...laughing at myself.  Perhaps I was hoping for goodness and smiles instead of anger.  Today I wore new dark blue denims.  Several days ago, I went through my closet.  It was as if I were out there in the world at Macy’s or Nordie’s free to pick a whole new wardrobe.  What was I doing with four pair of brown pants?  Even more black pants.  If I hadn’t worn it even once this summer, it went in a box.  I felt renewed when I was done.  Lightened.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  Bathroom?

Myself:  Did I mention “Poetry Soup.”  I’ve been putting pieces there.  Two days in a row I have spilled my coffee.  George is my hero scrubbing it down.  I am embarrased.

Reading:  A stiff Cadell.

Watching:  Election Returns.

Photo: Taken up at Ft. Rosecrans.

Gratitude’s:  Everything but especially for the weather.

14 comments:

  1. and tonight they delivered a salmon and vegetable couscous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Just let me know when. Tomorrow is salmon.

      Delete
  3. The meal sounds delicious as does today’s.

    It looks like the results of this elections will be in dispute for a while. I pray it stay peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinners sound like a real treat and glad you can enjoy — wish we had such available here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks more promising today than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a good healthy meal. The election sounds like it is falling in Biden's favor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful service.
    I'm kind of getting my hopes up. Can't take another 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  8. here it is Friday no declaration yet but ahead in all but one state still counting and I feel better than I have since Trump was appointed. shocked at how many people still voted for Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Biden will win...but it will be a bitter success. A divided country and not sure how we quell all the anger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and they really will be angry. We have had quite a few of those Trump parades with raised pickups and flying flags....boats too. They scare me. The thinking behind them scares me.

      Delete
  10. Downsizing the Closet and actually everything, is making me feel lighter too. Our disunited States of America is very disturbing to me, an Election won't fix that and resisting the Win certainly is troubling, so many wacky Conspiracy Theories his Base are too willing to fall for and Believe.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life