November 26, 2020

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2020

 

Here’s the sequence from the 1980 Thanksgiving dinner at the cottage.  The kids were there with their boyfriends, and I had not met George yet.  Here friend Frankie is fixing something, and I am heading outside with an armload perhaps of those many rolls.


 “Mage, is the dinner ready yet?”  So I stuck my head out the window to say yes,  To cook that lovely unsliced, turkey, I had to hold the oven door shut with a broom stick.

 


And it was a lovely turkey. 

This year we started the day with a chocolate muffin in eaten in bed.  We then had a Messenger phone conversation with the kids…MargotLaka.  Then I tried to call a friend, and tried getting in to a meeting.  Nope, my time was off.  When our dinner arrived, we discovered that we are having that red stuff from our dinner caterer.  We have no idea what it is.  Neither of us wanted to eat it.  It comes with noodles, and I will eat Noodles and Cream cheese.  At this rate, I will never be thin. 

____________________________________________________________ 

NOODLES AND CREAM CHEESE – RUSSIAN

8 oz egg noodles

1 cube of real butter

1 package of cream cheese

 

Cook the noodles and drain them.  Cut both the butter and the cream cheese into cubes.  Melt the butter and the cream cheese in the microwave together.  Whip this and stir into the noodles.  Eat, be thankful, and start your diet tomorrow.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  Got bored watching the holiday parade.
  • Myself:  Parade, kids, this.
  • Reading:  Nothing, imagine.
  • Watching:  Baking.
  • Photo:  Three:  Our 1980 Thanksgiving meal.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am here today to say thank you.

 

10 comments:

  1. Noodles and Cream cheese is comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would help eat that. I make something I call Cottage Cheese and Noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even care about getting fat if there are lots of delicious dishes like that ..., turkey, noodles, chocolate muffins are so tempting to eat 😊

    May your heart always be pleasing. Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had TG at the cottage once, and it was fine.
    I hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Looks like the turkey was enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was quite a spread from the 80's but those noodles sounded good also. May have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful old photos, looks like a great time.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby's favorite dish is noodles and butter. Is he red sauce like spaghetti? Or is it more of an ASian thing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mage... I love seeing these photos of you. Holding the oven door closed with the broomstick? Oh my gosh! What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life