November 1, 2020

RONNIE


I’m sleeping well.  That’s a wonderful thing to say after months of getting up every hour on the hour, or half hour on the half hour.  The dreams have been very colorful and dramatic things tho.  I can never remember them to tell you just that they were there.

I am jolted awake by the fact that Zoe will soon be driving.  It reminds me that I haven’t got that many years here myself.  Speaking of death, do any of you follow Ronnie Bennett?  You could find her at:

https://www.timegoesby.net/weblog/

She documented the roll of aging in our lives; she cared, and in the end documented her own death.  Sometimes I had a terrible time reading her this last year.  Yet in the end, she will be sorely missed.

 …………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself: Gaming, talking to  Margot, relaxing.

Myself:  Hearing Margot managed to save $ for Zoe’s AAA drivers training.  G held my hand and found an "at a glance" to fit the small holder so we can use only one holder this coming year.

Reading: Cadell.

Watching:  60 Minutes

Photo:  05: G at the Zoo.

Gratitude’s:  Ronnie Bennett and George

 

11 comments:

  1. Hey! If you can get up on the hour, or half hour, that it pretty impressive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's a great photo of G. What a handsome guy with a gorgeous smile!
    I was startled awake this morning by Art who said, "It's time to wake up for our walk."
    When I sat up suddenly, I found he was still sleeping. Oops! He then drowsily asked what I was doing. Good grief! It was a dream!
    You're so lucky to get some good nights sleep. I keep getting up. It's aggravating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug of ApacheDug's Teepee also mentioned Ronnie. I didn't know of her blog. It's so sad to lose a wonderful blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture of George. Handsome man.
    Yes I have followed Ronnie for many years and even though I knew how sick she was, the word this morning really shook me. I'll miss her a lot. Just grateful she wasn't afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Ronni, probably through Postcards. God rest her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we sleep well we are doing something right! My nights are not all equally restful.

    Zoe will be driving is incredible. Where did time go? Good luck to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, dreams and drugs. I don't remember them either. At least none seem unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. there was a time when I remembered my dreams. not now though. the first waking thought and they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read the news on Ronni’s blog – I am devastated. I have been reading her blog since 2008; actually reading her blog gave me the audacity to start my blog in 2009. It is a sad day. I wish she had been able to see the voting results, but who knows, she may still…

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life