December 6, 2020

TAKING THE TRAIN

 


As I checked to see if my links still worked, I found myself swept away by The Man in Seat 61’s train journeys.  He offers detailed views of how to travel by train.  That’s me.  Traveling by train.  I followed most of his links.  I looked at every video, and I followed still more videos and photographs until I found myself traveling across Russia in the pre-Covid days. Best of all, I loved all of Canada’s rail journeys.

Yes, much of what I saw is pre-Covid, but at the end of each section follow I found Covid 19 suggestions.  He tells you if a rail is still moving.  How often?  Still have an open dining car?  I discovered that both G and I could save thousands of dollars if we just slept in our seats rather than take a roomette.  We would have to bring our own blankets and pillows….we already bring the pillows.

The hours passed quickly.  Finally I found myself exhausted by the beauty and dozing over the train trips.  For just a while both G and I moved to the bed and dozed under just one quilt, spooning warmly, until half way to dinner. 


…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  A space game.

Myself:  After CBS Sunday morning, I traveled the trains of the world.

Reading:  A book on finding her lost at sea father.

Watching:  Baking

Photo:  Top: 07 before the train.  Next two 2011 from the train.

Gratitude’s:  For this mental pause as we stay at home again.

12 comments:

  1. Did you get to the Rocky Mountaineer in any of these cyber trips? Sue and I once contemplated it until we saw the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode the train once when I was young, pre-teen must have been, young enough that I only have a vague memory of it. I went to stay with my aunt and uncle for a couple of weeks every summer. that particular year my mother didn't want to make the long drive so she put me on the train from Houston to Tyler where they picked me up and then drove to Jacksonville. very small town that they lived out in the country from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream of taking the train across Canada. Actually I dream of any train trips we may someday be able to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm straight over to check that out. Did you ever watch any of the BBC films about Michael Palin travelling by train? I watched one the other evening From Derry To Kerry. It was quite old but really interesting and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Train travel is wonderful but a distant memory now. If Covid is every over...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to travel by train!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We traveled by train once long ago in Egypt. That's the only time I recall ever sleeping on a train and it wasn't very comfortable, I must say.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life