December 4, 2020

BEAUTIFUL VIEWS


We edge into winter at last.  The days are dry and crackle the skin.  Nights are cold leaving us curled up into survival balls under our quilts.  This morning, I looked up from the book I was reading in bed to see tree trimmers right outside the bedroom sliders.  Nobody needs to see the mish-mashed me at that hour of the morning. 

“Help,” I called.  George came and pulled the curtain.

We might drive up to the top of the Point this afternoon.  I’d like to get a few beautiful views in under my belt before our Governor locks us down again.  Oh, politics.  Here there seems to be a lot of anti-Governor stuff.  I’m pleased that Fauci is to stay on, pleased about the CNN interview last night too.  Life is way to short to be sunk into gloom. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  Games, cleaning up things, et al.

Myself:  Deep dusting around my chairs and bed. Writing, posting poems.  Christmas cards yet to do.

Reading:  A wonderful book on Mallow’s Bay.

Watching:  Season 8 of Baking.

Photo:  Lighthouse at the top of Point Loma.

Gratitude’s:  That I slept so well tho very cold.

  

13 comments:

  1. I don't need to worry about that as no one trims around my house but me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That had to be a start seeing workmen out your windows. Good for George to shut down the view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smile, thinking of you needing quilts to be warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This virus just won't quit. I hope you hunker down well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After noon today, we aren't going out at all.

      Delete
  5. Dusting. That low winter light does reveal all, does it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So does my continual cough. Without the dust, I hardly cough at all.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, thank you. Now starting the second.

      Delete
  7. The vaccine can’t come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice looking lighthouse. The tree battles against strong winds but still looks sturdy and strong.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life