December 20, 2020

WREATH DAY


Yesterday was wreath day at Arlington National Cemetery.  According to the news, all this was begun one year when a wreath maker had too many left over at the end of the season.  That year, and for many years thereafter, wreaths have been placed on every grave.  Even this year in the midst of a pandemic, there are wreaths.

https://wreathsacrossamerica.org/

This site isn’t well organized for an old veteran like me, but it gives you a way to see what they are doing.

Yesterday wreaths were placed here at Miramar National Cemetery and at Fort Rosecrans.  Mother put my father at Glen Abby Memorial Park in Chula Vista, and I was pleased to see that was on the list of cemeteries that got wreaths.  My father would have laughed.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Watered plants, staying at home.

Myself:  Enjoying my home.  Got antibiotics for the bumps.

Reading:  Obama.

Watching:  TGBBS….and the new comedienne is lots of fun.

Photo:  Mine, Fort Rosecrans.

Gratitude’s:  Boy, the list is endless.

 

7 comments:

  1. My mother, step-father and aunt are there at Rosecrans. An Uncle, my sister and brother-in-law are at Miramar. I love that wreaths are put on the graves each year. Beautiful way to remember those who honored us with the ultimate price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started Obama. It's like he's there, talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making and laying all of those wreaths is quite an undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both my parents were cremated, ashes scattered where requested, so now wreaths. since my dad was a veteran we did get a bronze memorial plaque from the government. my sister has it. I suppose a small wreath could be laid on it. my dad really loved christmas though he was not religious.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life