February 26, 2021

ZOOMING ALONG



It’s been a busy week.  The next few weeks maybe even busier.  If You don’t get a note from me, I’ve still read you. 

Tuesday G had an hour long Zoom with his new museum director.  Gosh I miss Poolie.  Tuesday at noonish, we drove to Mercy Hospital where I had a CT scan.  Afterword’s, we were an hour early to pick up our groceries, so I actually went into Target.  If I’d known all my short sleeved shirts had frontal holes, I would have shopped for white short sleeved shirts as well as a new shampoo.

Thursday both G and I rode downtown to the Petco Park shot site, and the kind ladies there gave me a shot too….so I didn’t have to go back today.  Oh, hurrah.  We are both protected.  Double hurrah.  Bobbie had told me that she had vomited for 12 hours after her last shot.  I was so concerned that I talked to the RN about it.  This was not a normal reaction, I was told.  I suggested to Bobbie that she tell her favorite doc about this. 

Today, tomorrow, and tomorrow, there’s nothing in the book.  I’m to drink lots of extra water to flush the radioactive stuff out of me.  Things start up again on Monday with doctor’s appointments, calls, zooms, et al.  I know I will be vanishing into the system when I am not quilting.   Bobbie will be here in two weeks, and I want to have her long neglected quilt finished by then. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Doing shot stuff.  Shampooing the truck carpet when a chocolate shake dripped all over it.  Stuff like that.
  • Myself:  Reading here.  Quilting.  Eating three meals a day.
  • Reading:  Not much.
  • Watching:  Antiques Roadshow today.
  • Photo:  Sebastian Condrea: Getty Images on   https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/procedures/examinations/a1161/mri-scan/
  • Gratitude’s:  For your forbearance. 

11 comments:

  1. So glad you were given a shot, too, to make life more convenient. Some folks are just wonderful about that. Happy trails next week, and good luck, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will harass you about the quilt. 2 weeks goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress. The close confinement of the CT bothers me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are both protected now. That will take some of the stress away from necessary appointments. Good luck with it all and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, so happy you two have been shot and can breathe a little easier about that now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, perhaps you saw on FB my pathetic attempt to wash the lights above the range in the kitchen. They were covered in grease! Two down and needing help for the last one. I fear ladders, but I must conquer that fear and just be careful! I will be thinking of you as you disappear into the complex, vast, and busy medical system.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your visit to my blog. Hooray for having the shots - and good luck with your treatment. We watch Antiques Roadshow (and Antiques Roadtrips) here too. With pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fingers crossed for all good stuff. so both shots or just the first? more and more are getting their shots but my poor fix-it man can't get an appointment. you really have to be computer savvy and persistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Persistent indeed. Both shots for both of us.

      Delete
  9. Well, that shot should give you some piece of mind. Good luck with all your appointments next week, hope it is a good one. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed on your CT scan, Mage. I sure HOPE you get the masks soon. Arrrghhhh.... This is crazy. The masks I sent to my sister-in-law arrived in California in 2 days. That was a record. I'm waiting to hear from the postal department.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life