March 1, 2021


 One big thing, a total inability to quilt, and a thousand small things to fill the days.  No matter what I did, I couldn’t quilt.  The needle broke, the thread snapped, ad in finitum.

Small good things happened tho.  I post a picture every time I make an entry.  Down below the dotted line, I tell you about it.  Few must read my notes.  A lovely package arrived from my cousin Jerry with notes from my mother, a newspaper article about me with a very good photo, and a letter from my mother.  What a surprise to see her handwriting again.  A note from an old drinking buddy to tell me the time that the women’s meeting started each week.  At seven in the mornings on Tuesdays.  Seven.  I have little excuse not to attend.

Every meal I say, “Can I help?”

He responds, “No, I got it.”

He really creates nice meals.  And slowly they get smaller too.  I don’t have the appetite of yore now.  And mid pandemic, I can honestly say, I am fat.  2 weeks from now I can get back in the pool unless the doc changes his mind.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Got a new hand control for his space game.
  • Myself:  Back to the sewing machine to figure out why I can’t make it work.
  • Reading:  Finished with the Montana mysteries and moving on to “Three Pines.”
  • Watching:  KPBS
  • Photo:  Taken by G.  Shore birds for Tabor.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I have the zip to tackle my big problem.


7 comments:

  1. Seven in the morning?? Goodness do they offer breakfast? Be happy he likes to cook. Nothing more appealing than a man in an apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the cormorants! Love those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rad all the way past, to the bottom. That's where the comments are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for George taking such good care of you. I’m sorry about the quilting problems though. That is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each day is a treasure even if some things don't work like they used to do. Lovely having a good cook in the house. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, looks like I need to start getting you up at 6:30

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life