March 31, 2021

A GEORGE MORNING




Bissy, bizzy, bizy…..Spring hits everyone in the work spot. Almost every boat has someone working on deck, and here at the house we wait for the arrival of the heater repair person. George is not an electrician. I heard him telling some person on the phone that he could do dry wall, plumbing, basic carpentry, painting, but he’s “not big on electrical work.” 

 It was in the 40’s this morning when I got up. No sign of warmth from the wall vents, not at all. At eight he called the white glove guys. He hopes they won’t increase the total the way our usual guys do. They will come tomorrow. We added sweatshirts. 

 I had a nine o’clock phone appointment with the Oncologist. He suggested a cough medicine. It will make you sleepy he said. Sleepy is good especially on nights where I cough all night. I mentioned that I had only two days of chemo left, and moments after we chatted his nurse came on the line. She had given the re-up phone number to G who had no memory of this at all. Much later, after a frantic search, he found it taped in the phone book. 

 Bizzy….GROVEL.....bizy……busy.....  ………………………………………………………………………………………………….. 
  • Himself: He’s pleased that meds are arriving tomorrow morning via fed ex. 
  • Myself: Cold. Shivering actually. 
  • Reading: The last “three Pines” mystery …. 
  • Watching: Lots of PBS. 
  • Photo: MINE. 
  • Gratitude’s: That the chaos of the morning smoothed out so well.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no.... I sure hope you get some warmth soon. That's awful. I didn't know cough medicine makes you sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather reports say that Honolulu is 80 degrees today.

      Delete
    2. I have to say it's been quite comfortable, but once June gets here, it will be too hot for me.

      Delete
  2. It’s a busy time of year here too.

    Hope the cough medicine works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awful to be without heat. I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the new cough syrup works. And the heat too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not like cold. Hope your heater is fixed soon. Hope the new meds let you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine all coastal places are busy this time of year. Hope the cough syrup takes care of your cough.
    The mushrooms in my photo are not edible. Have a nice day and hope you feel better and get some heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the warming days warms our blood up as well. coming out of hibernation.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life