April 3, 2021

DAYS GO BY


 


While we were out hiding from Marta Friday, this Navy ship came home.
  Can anyone tell me what the blue flag is?  It says S*F*A*?  1941  Thanks.

 I confess, I have gained enough weight these last few months to:

            Not fit into any of my clothes

            Be one of those slow walking old folks

            Can’t get anywhere either

            But…

It’s AA Spring Round Up time, and I have been to the Ice Cream Social Via ZOOM….with extra whipped cream.  I duplicated the fudge Sunday they serve as best I could with a small amount of ice cream and a generous amount of whipped cream and fudge.  I’ve been to a couple of meeting with some really nice folks who had horrific stories.  That was ok too.  They left me with a grin.

 

Today, himself took himself off to work and the museum.  Yes, the Automotive Museum is open.  There’s a new museum director - the second since Poolie died.  His uniform fits again. And he was very happy to go.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Showered and off he went.
  • Myself:  I’m going to finish this and quilt for a while.
  • Reading:  The last Gamache.
  • Watching:  AA on my computer.
  • Photo:  Mine
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am here to talk with you.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Something to do with Special Forces?
    I'm glad to have you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are here to talk to us, Mage.

    It is great G can again do something he enjoys. May we all have that opportunity soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad our Navy geek friend posted the answer to the ship & flag on Facebook.... "As for the flag itself, it looks like it might represent the ship's namesake and the ship's motto. She's named after John Finn, who received the Medal of Honor for actions performed during the Pearl Harbor attack. The ship's motto is "Stand Fast and Fight", which might be abbreviated on the flag as SFAF."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see on FB that Penny posted that some sort of contest named Gamache the most popular detective? Personally, I am fond of Vera, but I wrote that it might be more from the tv series than the books. Strangely enough, a few commented back that they found the tv Vera quite off-putting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad George was able to find the answer about the flag and good that he is back in uniform, Things might be getting a wee bit back to normal.
    Hard to imagine an ice cream social via zoom but evidently it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, things are sort of getting back to a sort of normal. we went to a family gathering (outside) for a birthday party, some of us vaxxed, some not but hopefully no exposures. we're fully vaxxed so not worried about me or him. still, it was a little nervous making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for George and YAY for you working on the quilt.

    I'm sorry I didn't get back to you about the wun tun min, Mage. Was busy on mask making project for Micronesian immigrants in Hawaii.

    Wun tun min is a Hawaiian/Chinese type dish. It's a noodle soup (sort of like ramen) with char siu, kamaboko, veggies and pork dumplings.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life