June 21, 2021

FATHER'S DAY


Margot came by and swept us off to a crowded but delicious breakfast at Perry’s.  It looked as if every father in town was treated to breakfast there this day.  Perry’s sits on a strategic corner near Old Town, and is now owned by one of its previous employees.  On the side of their once Sambo’s building it says, “Best Breakfast in Town.”

It was wonderful stuff.

When we got home, my shoe stuck to something on the kitchen floor, and I fell.  I couldn’t get up.  The best I could do was sit on the floor and drape myself over the foot stool.  We called Margot, and she came really soon.  George and Margot inched me up on a tiny stool that Zoe pushed under me.  Next came the bigger footstool with Zoe guiding it.  From there I could stand at last.

I spend the rest of the day numb.  I did do all my exercises conscious all the while of the fall.   I also think I need to reinvent my house shoe.   Normally I wear moccasins.  Not now.  Or maybe moccasins that tie tightly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Baking brownies for his OT lady.  Winning 14,835 nonstop games.
  • Myself:   Reading, showering, writing this, et al.
  • Reading:  Return to Midway.  Ballard
  • Watching:  KPBS:  Older GBBS.
  • Photo:  Zoe in 08 sitting in G’s grandmother’s chair.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I feel so good today.

  

7 comments:

  1. We can go back to tennis shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. How helpless that must have felt. Do you use or need to use a walker in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was scary and hope you are healing all right. Lace up shoes might be on the agenda. I know I hate messing with them but they do give me a good foundation. Do take care lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling down is scary, I hope that you recovering all right. Take care and be very careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fall is scary. I’ve had a few the last year. Every one is more frightening than the last. Hope you have no ill effects, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's frightening. Hope you mend well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I hope no real damage was done. must have been horrible not being able to get up. I don't wear shoes in the house, just go barefoot. except in winter when I wear warm socks.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life