September 6, 2021

NEWS ORTS


I admit to reading most of the Washington Post and the New York Times yesterday instead of sewing.  They both offered a dollar a month subscription fee, and I grabbed it.  But other interesting news sources abound from fellow bloggers.  What I consider news you may not:

·       http://www.easttexasphotographer.com/phone/%E2%80%A2evelyn-s.html

Wonderful photos of a mother’s home after her death.

 ·       "L'shana tova tikatevu" -- may you be inscribed in the Book of Life and have a good year.

         From Dear Abby comes the reminder that tonight begins the holiday of Rosh Hashana.

 ·       https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/qanon-shaman-capitol-rioter-who-wore-horns-pleads-guilty-n1278479    

        From my friend Bobbie comes the news that: The horned man of the Capitol Riots,                     “QAnon shaman” Jacob Chansley, is headed for a good, long stay in prison.                    

·       https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/jacqueline-jackson-covid-hospital-discharge/     

        Jessie Jackson’s wife is out of the hospital.

The end our longest war, hurricane, flood, and disaster news has a tendency to sweep away all other things.   I’m sure you have found your own news niche, she writes waving at you.  If you want me, you can find me at my sewing machine.

  _____________________________________________________________________________                                  

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Baking bread, making brownies for the fire station crew, and spending time out in space.
  • Myself:  Reading blogs, posting to blogs, sewing.
  • Reading:  E. Moon.
  • Watching:  KPBS:  60 Minutes and Stanley Tucci finding Italy.
  • Photo:  Mine.
  • Weather:  Watery sunshine and crowds at the beach.
  • Gratitude’s:  Several good night’s sleep.

  

8 comments:

  1. And he still doesn't believe he committed a felony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pay good money for a good night's sleep as I still try to avoid naps. But rest is important to good health. I also wish I had the talent to sew again. It has been decades and the few drapes I sewed for my grandson's room 10 years ago stressed me out...something so simple! I did comment on your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the shaman will actually be punished and good news about Jesse Jackson's wife.
    Good news is what I look for these days and there isn't much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great art in that photo.

    The news and I have parted ways recently. It weighs too heavily on my heart and I feel helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He only got 5 years. Should have been 10 times that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Marie. just can't take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back to catching up on the news "a la" my computer instead of depending solely on the TV now that I have an internet connection again. Some horrendous events occurring and a few resolving as we might wish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That horned guy is really going to jail? Awesome! And now we've got those people planning to stage a rally in support of those insurrectionists. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life