October 18, 2021

A MAGIC WEEK



We have a whole magic week ahead of us with not one appointment in it.  I was going to do more leaves today, but we ended up heading out for a Mexican lunch and plastic replacement feet.  Now, instead of leaves I’m making notes here.

Leaves…they now go all the way around the quilt.  Only the middle is left to be done.  The middle offers a daunting struggle.

An old time friend called this morning, and it was such a pleasure to hear her voice.  I miss all those folks we know well from the gatherings.  Her voice perked me up and took me away from any thinking.  A good thing.

  • Himself:  Ran errands today.
  • Myself:  Hours of leaves yesterday.  A new on sale shirt today.
  • Reading:  Lord Darcy by Randall Garrett.  My friend Sandy loved him to bits.
  • Watching:  Antiques Roadshow. 
  • Photo:  George.  Me the Hotel Del on my 80TH birthday.
  • Weather:  Chilly with a shower or two.
  • Gratitude’s:  That it’s been such a great day. 

14 comments:

  1. You're entitled to great days and here's to the week being a week of great days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic replacement feet humoured me a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how precious those appointment free weeks are. Kind of like long weekends when we worked. Great pic of a happy 80 year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's already a great week and it is only Tuesday.

      Delete
  4. a week with no appointments. kinda like being on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A week without appointments would be a great quote to remember. Enjoy the week, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you well with your quilting. It sounds very painstaking. This is a non-storytelling week for me, the school is on a special schedule for parent-teacher conferences and it appears I will be back on campus next week. A slow return to what once was. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Middle leaves are going to test your pluck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perseverance wins every time! Hugs to you... love this photo of you, you look sooo good. I love navy blue and white! We had just a bit of rain, but other places (higher elevation) had snow these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo is great. I see that you are so much better and I love that nautical outfit. Looks very smart on you. I hope I wished you a Happy Birthday on FB...but here is another good wish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be looking forward to seeing you finish all those leaves. You look wonderful, Mage!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life