Despite all my very good resolve, the quilt is coming along beyond slowly. The major design elements are finished, and all that remains to be done are leaves. Endless leaves. George reminds me that only have to work on it half an hour. Once I am sitting down, that half an hour usually expands to an hour plus.
One of the tricks of working with gold thread seems to be to sew slowly. It breaks anyway. Needles break more often. I’ve gone through all the “Universal” needles and am now using “jeans.” The problem is the pulling I do to get the freehand sewing through the small opening in the machine.
No, it’s not going to go any faster.
- Himself: Baking bread, dishes, games in space, and go to CVS and Trader Joes.
- Myself: Leaves and riding along.
- Reading: Zena Henderson. I finished the new novel by the duo. Pretty good stuff.
- Watching: Tonight: National G.
- Photo: Mine.
- Weather: Going from the low 60’s to the 80’s here in Ocean Beach.
- Gratitude’s: That my sewing machine is still sewing.