October 24, 2021

ALMOST


I’m almost leafed out.  There’s only a three by three-ish area left for me to quilt.  I was amazed that so much had gotten done.  I’ve not been the most attentive quilter known to man.  I’ve stalled as much as I can.  I’ve put off working on it endlessly. 

Only when George suggested that I work on it half an hour a day did I get back to work on it.  Slowly it progressed.  Perhaps there’s only a few half hours left to sew leaves now. Frankly, I’m much encouraged.  Then trimming and binding to be done.

Much encouraged by a downtown hotel room too.  SDG&E, our power company, is shutting the neighborhood down for a whole day.  G did some online shopping and found a room by the bay at a reasonable price that had some great reviews.  We are not to be without computer access tho.  The 2 year old Windows 10 laptop spent the day updating itself yesterday.  Today G has the ten year old Windows 7 laptop charging.  I don’t have much in the way of hope that he can get that one going again.

  • Himself:  Gaming, shower, get the oldest laptop working.
  • Myself:  Shower  and leaves.
  • Reading:  Randall Garrett.
  • Watching:  To Catch a Smuggler Colombia.  G likes this show.
  • Photo:  2018, pinning the quilt. 
  • Weather:  A few scattered high clouds.  A cool 63F.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I don’t have to ever get down on the floor again.

16 comments:

  1. Oh bless your heart. I was so inspired by that photo of you working down on the floor. That is tough. Perhaps that is why I never did much quilting. I am waiting for the finished one. Sorry about the hotel. Do you get reimbursed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, of course not. Perhaps they think we will be camping out here in the dark until 10 PM. lol The floor....that's a 2018 image, and I think I would need a crane to get up from the floor now.

      Delete
  2. I'm blessing your heart too. I didn't realize just how BIG that quilt was. Mercy.
    Hey, don't give up on that Windows 7 laptop. That is what I use everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is huge. G reports that the old laptop is running well but is very slow.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering what those white slashes were but I think they are safety pins to hold the top, bottom, and batting together while you stitch the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! LOL and Mage goes far further in working on the quilts than I do anymore. I finish the quilt top and backing and take them to a friend who has a long arm quilting machine. She does the quilting for me. Then, as Mage says, trimming and binding and adding a label.

      Delete
    2. I really have been stalling with this quilt. Maybe today I will get all the leaves done. I did snip all the hundreds of loose threads yesterday.

      Delete
  4. How nice to be able to spend the day in a hotel -- with a view, no less! Very thoughtful of G. I hadn't given the idea any thought at all, but will keep it in mind should we be without power for the day! And I bet you're not going to be reimbursed, either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe that you get down, but also get back up. Power woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like this quilt. The old PC LIVES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a quilt you will never forget. I looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very impressive. And I like George's take on life. Half an hour a day can lead to big achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your quilt work is remarkable however long it is taking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes! That is a large quilt. I can see why it's hard to work on it with the sewing machine. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life