October 27, 2021

SURF'S UP


Monday night I finally finished the acres of quilted leaves.  Yesterday we drove out to Rosies quilt  shop, the ultimate in quilting supplies and fabric.  Imagine many rooms filled with colors and textures to suit every palate.  A whole wall of acid greens.  Row after row of passionate reds.  I was in heaven.

After spending too much for a new Olfa blade and a dark blue patterned fabric, we ate burritos by the bay.  Starting home, I noticed that the surf was crashing over the jetty by the bay.  In town, we could see the surf hitting the bottom of the now closed pier.  Farther down the Sunset Cliffs, we could see the surf hitting the bottom of the cliff faces and sending spray high up to the parking area.  Very exciting stuff.



  • Himself:   Lunch out and a hand x-ray for the hand surgeon appointment.
  • Myself:  Going with G to the Clinic.  I straightened the edges of the quilt and will cut the binding Friday.  We missed a call from Bobbie about the quilt.
  • Reading:  Finished the Darcy mysteries.
  • Watching:  NCISLA, J Leno followed by a little news.
  • Photos:   George
  • Weather:  Sunny and warmer.
  • Gratitude’s:  For the sunshine.

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the quilted leaves and just in time to catch the big waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I do miss the invigorating sight and smell of high surf. Awesome to view such power in action. Kudos and thanks for the photos!!!

      Delete
  3. yay! finally finished. I imagine the surf will be hitting more and more things as the seas rise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on my binding tonight!!! LOL Taking a break here, boss... taking a break! Have the binding cut and the first pressing (in half) is done; working on the fold to the center pressing. I didn't measure how much I needed and I know I have way more than is needed. I go out to Robert's garage and see the bags of fabric pieces and want to put them to use. Horrible angst here... I might pull one bag out at a time and work on it. Would you be interested in having some?? Let me know what width you want to play with and I'll fix you up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have nothing comparable to Rosie's, other than JoAnn's in Lancaster or Bakersfield (40 miles east or west of us). Hugs to you ... back to work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And JoAnn's doesn't have the acreage of the good fabrics. I got the quilt trimmed. Progress.

      Delete
  6. Burritos and surf seem good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too miss the surf and the great Pacific Ocean. I lived in San Diego when I first came to California in 1972. I got a job at UCSD when it was a brand new and most departments worked out of trailers. The beaches, the Point, all of it is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you feel more accomplished as you have moved on in the quilt, and yes, even though I don't quilt, I can imagine being fascinated by all the colored fabric. That surf looks much like ours here on the Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure haven't been near the beach in a while.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing your quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life