November 23, 2021

EYE SEE


On December 7th, I’m having that big cataract taken out of my left eye.  Early in the morning too.  I went through all the pre-op things this morning, and I am ready to see well for the first time in forever.  I had the right eye fixed many years ago, but life and cancer slowed me down a bit.  I refuse to put off seeing, and if all my doctor’s think it is ok to do, I will.  I don’t think they would waste time on me if I were going to die right away.

Eye drops and schedules, and more drops.  G and I celebrated with donuts after the appointment today.   Then we dropped the prescription off at our local pharmacy and came home to drink out coffees.  Later I will get Thanksgiving dishes out and cleaned.  Tablecloth too.  It is a year to be especially thankful.                                                                                                                                                                                          

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Laundry and dinner.
  • Myself:  Computer, TV, read, and read.
  • Reading:  Harry Potter #5
  • Watching:  Antiques Roadshow, and NCIS LA.
  • Photo:   Old Point Loma lighthouse.
  • Weather:  61 and mostly cloudy.  Flat out cool to cold.
  • Gratitude’s:   That I have the next three or four weeks lined up.  That I am here.

14 comments:

  1. That is brilliant. Hope all goes well for you which it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my second eye done today. I felt this surgery more than the last but it was fine. The eye is a bit blurred but appears to be clearing. Great news for you, Mage. I hope your eye surgery goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your big weekend and looking forward to seeing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to having the kids here.

      Delete
  4. 61?? This morning we walked the grands' dog and it was 41 with a breeze making it a real feel of 37!! Brisk walking of the dog. Sounds like the perfect TG when you get out the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm cold all the time now. 61 leaves me shivering. 41 would send me back under the quilts.

      Delete
  5. I loved having my cataracts out and could finally see better (a bit) at night. Did your cancer treatment exacerbate your cataracts? It did for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you. Seeing clearly will be such a wonderful holiday gift to you. May the waiting go quickly and the success be all you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David had his cataract removed a few years ago. Much better eye sight. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get my eyes done, my left eye particularly as it's worse than my right eye and I'm starting to notice deterioration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.
    Football Online

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life