November 21, 2021

I READ, YOU READ, WE ALL READ

 


Most mornings I take a moment or two over my coffee and read all of you.  Or, should I say, as many as I can fit in before lunch.  I skim the email, and answer those who sent me real posts.  Then I do my https://www.prosebox.net/book/2278/ Prosebox friends leaving answers on most. 

I come over to https://urban-archology.blogspot.com/ Postcards next, and starting from the top of the links list, I read on down.  Many on both lists don’t write everyday any more.  Neither do I, but I do read all the new entries.  The big problem is that I also get suckered in to interesting things and end up following those links as far as I can.  Since we do watch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Runway Project Runway on TV, when https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows Vogue Runway popped up I dropped in to their pages.

Then I read articles.  That took even more of my morning time, and I ended up sending a link to the https://www.vogue.com/article/inside-john-gallianos-treasure-filled-hideaway-in-northern-france John Gallianos home to Bobbie.  Now it is almost lunch time, and I haven’t finished reading all of you. 

I found some new links this last week, and I wanted to make sure I got to them before going on to fabrics.  I’ve been broadening my art education with https://cheznamastenancy.blogspot.com/ “Chez Namaste Nancy these cold mornings.  Many semesters of Art History during my eight years of art school didn’t always include artists like Kumagai Morikazu or even Paula Modersohn-Becker’s paintings.  However did I miss them?  I love learning.

The new quilt isn’t going to be quite at all.  Brilliant colors seem to be my norm, and I’m cutting lots of color today.  Maybe I will find time to pack Laka’s gift and get the dishes down ready to wash for Thursday.  Thursday will be special indeed.

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Out in space, baking bread, doing something else, “fixing lunch and fixing dinner.  There’s pizza in the freezer.”
  • Myself:  Reading, cutting quilt pieces for half an hour, writing, eating….LOL  reading.
  • Reading:   Harry Potter 4.
  • Watching:   Last night: recorded things, Penn and Teller, and also The Runway. 
  • Photo:   Stassa’s baby quilt.  Alphabet letters in the 9 patch blocks, leaves around the edge.  It’s ugly but it did match the colors of her baby room.
  • Weather:  A chilly morning but warming toward Thanksgiving.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am here to be thankful.  Always G.

 

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog last week (I'm just catching up) and, I'm happy I found your blog. You look like a talented quilter - some lovely patterns there. I don't have a crafty bone in my body but, my daughter is a lovely knitter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I found your blog a great treasure.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a quilt like this before, it's nice and unique. Enjoy your sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea whether Stassa's parents liked it or now. But I tried.

      Delete
  3. Well I like bright colors so works for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogs and photos can take up a lot of my mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The computer is such a wealth of information isn't it? I do as you reading and visiting but often find myself going down rabbit holes learning odd things. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Always enjoy it when you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you don't post every day, but I check often.

      Delete
  6. I become less motivated to blog many days. I love reading others blogs, though. I feel more and more unnecessary in this world...except I am grand-sitting this week and feel important and needed while the parents are at some luxurious resort in the Maldives being rewarded as they should. Maybe we will see you the last week of February?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much to be thankful for this year, Mage! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are lucky that you have the ability to make quilts. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't well constructed, but I love the end result.

      Delete
  9. That's one of your quilts in the picture? I love it!! That's sort of my morning routine too. Either write a post or read other posts while I have my coffee and before breakfast. After breakfast I get on with my day.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life