December 20, 2021

WELCOME

 

 In this house it seems strange to have so few visitors.  In the big house, it would take me a week to put the ornaments on the tree.  Later, we would have a Christmas party of twenty or some friends to in share the evening.  Now the Pandemic has put brakes on all big social gatherings everywhere.  We are not alone.  This week we are having one daughter and her Zoe for dinner.  That will be it for visitors for the year.  Maybe half of next year too.

The vaccine hold-outs structure our lives.  My cancer arranges my hours around theirs.  I find it is easiest now when I to go out to stay in the car.  For a brief month we felt free again.  We ate out once…now, no more.   We are back to meals at home or by the bay.  Costco today.  Only today for me.  And it was a gorgeous day today.

Eye drops:  By tomorrow I will have one less to take.  I take them with me yet even then I almost forget to use them.  There were two days last week, I did forget the noon drops.  In four weeks I will be done with them…oh, hurrah.

 

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Had a great time working the Comic Con museum yesterday.  Never stopped talking about it.  Today got out of Costco for under a hundred.  Doing grocery shopping online.
  • Myself:  Napped yesterday in amongst a scattering of YouTube videos.
  • Reading:   Still, the Only Way To Cross.
  • Watching:  Gar-bage. 
  • Photo:  Mine; December 2021.

10 comments:

  1. Our restaurants and pubs have to close by 8pm. Groups and gatherings now have limits on them. People, of course. are angry but what are you suppose to do spread covid. Lots of people are vaccinated here but you still can get it. Unvaccinated people are the problem and they are starting to get blamed for it. Who knows what will happen. Time will tell. Take care and have a wonderful day. Your room looks very nice, I like the little tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean. Omicron has hit us with a vengeance. I just wrote this on DJan’s blog.
    “The infection rate was 150 on December 13th. It went to 972 yesterday. My nephew is an ER nurse and he says it’s like it was before the vaccine. AND he says young vaccinated people are testing positive. Someone admitted to testing positive and then going to a bar. Arrrghhh… “
    I started my mom on Adult Day Care once a week at the start of the month because I thought it was safe. I just gave them notice that she would be stopping now until the pandemic was more in control again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your white covers--everything looks so serene. Getting out of CostCo for less than $100?? Miracle upon miracle! We did eat out for breakfast the other day, but there were only 4 other people (2 per table) eating there at the same time. I go in stores but buy very little anymore -- more frequent trips but spending less time in the store. Thinking I might return to ordering on line and picking the groceries up. Take care... how much longer do you have to do the chemo??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe how this is all spiraling once again. Thought we might pull out a bit but then Omicron decided to visit. I'm a little encouraged. We had a very low vaccination rate here but lately that has been increasing daily. Fear seems to be a better motivator than common sense. Maybe they are finally getting the message. Will never understand the hold outs. Sure do miss the days when socializing was common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is limited again here too. At least we are looking at the green side of the sod still!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue to have our little Christmas with our little family. We're all vaxxed and the adults are boosted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess being anti-social has it's upside. I don't miss gatherings I never attended anyway. I have plenty to occupy me here and volunteering at SHARE once a week gives me enough social contact. That and the blog world.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life