July 5, 2022

EXTRAVAGANZA

Although I don’t have the energy I used to, I still missed going out to see the fireworks yesterday.   Instead we stayed home and watched three different fireworks on TV.  There were no local fireworks on our side of the point as OB didn’t get a permit.  San Diego Bay did, and they gave us 20 some minutes of sky color. 

We started with the National Mall show with all their red white and blue trappings.  Next was the Big Bay Boom…on FOX of all channels, and last came the MACY’S extravaganza.  And it certainly was.  They nicely didn’t overlap which gave us a good time with a variety of venues.  

This morning the Hospice nurse visited.   Cottage cheese over avocado for lunch, and out shopping afterwards.  What more could one want.

 

8 comments:

  1. Since I like my cottage cheese plain, I steer away from added fruits. Never heard of an avocado base either. Hmmmm. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really like your fireworks, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the national mall fireworks. We had none locally; a change from past years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fourth was brought to you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to watch the professional displays on TV. Only heard a few sporadic booms from the neighborhood here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of our neighbors put on a small display. I usually go out and watch but not this year. Nothing to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby and I briefly considered driving to the beach to watch the local fireworks display. But thinking about the crowds and Mississippi's heat and humidity kept us home, comfy and contented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avocados are good with most everything

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life