October 3, 2017

ALL THOSE THINGS



·       Or should it be….”all those Grumpy things?”  G fixed the short by reinstalling the radio.  Grumpy was a little cranky at first, but now all seems well electrically.  What one cannot do is get out of him from the passenger side.  The handle on the inside is bent and doesn’t work right.  Yes, I can laugh about this.
·       You can ignore this.  Speaking of dogged, I seem to repeat small disasters every day.  I ran into an ornate metal sconce and have a giant hematoma on my left hand.  On the right, I now sport three burns and a cut from the pointed garnet ring I love so much.  I needed to write all this out, but you can ignore it.  I also was a very good girl and made appointments for my yearly physical, blood-letting, and shoulder checkup.
·       Not at all boring convention meeting last night.  Not everyone showed up, and this cut the speeches down.  My learning disabilities slow me down, and I contribute little but show up.  This is my third year of burn out as a contributor.
·       No more dinners out when I show signs of cooking burn out too.  That really ran the credit card up.  I’ve been cooking dinners since I was about eight.  I’d start Gimpa’s potaoe around 4.  He always had a baked potato and a veggie.  He ate this with a cup of boiling water.  The family teased him about his asbestos throat.  I cannot imagine how he did it.  Now I am cooking as low carb as I can with great simplicity.  Tonight some of the leftover brats from the BBQ that wasn’t.  G came home that night and cooked all the meats.  Then he donated much of the protein and all of the buns to a sober group in North County. 
·       Loud music for the water aerobics this morning.  Our instructor must have sensed we were bored with the usual.  Nothing usual about this morning at all.  It felt for a short while like the Disco Madness of the ‘80’s.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  Work, sending jokes to Poolie,
  • Herself:  Faced with sewing on the quilt.
  • Captain Poolie:  Blood clot in a foot.  Bleeding through the skin now while she is getting a full body scan.
  • Reading:  Stevenson.
  • Gratitude’s:  That G waved at me even if I didn’t see him.


  • 8 comments:

    1. Shorter speeches and fewer of them....gotta love it...on the other hand, it is great for those needing a little nap.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You are punishing yourself too hard. Distracted thoughts perhaps keeping you from being aware of what your are doing and where you are? Hubby has been good about beating himself up, burned his hand nicely on the BBQ by picking up a tool that was resting on the grill! He is mad that he did it. Be kind to yourself. Your actions are healthy. (Finished getting two travel visas online which took two hours, pounded three sugar cookies as a reward...ugh.

      ReplyDelete
    3. The eating out is costly. We eat out once a week, often not that much.

      ReplyDelete
    4. We've slowed down immensely with eating out. Too much $$. I've changed my main meal to lunch since I'm much more awake at midday than in the evening. Dinner is now often a veggie or fruit and some kind of nice bread. Works for me.

      ReplyDelete
    5. We will adjust and survive this

      ReplyDelete
    6. The best part of eating out is that someone else provides the choices and there is no clean up. But like you, I have to keep a rein on it. It can sure add up.
      Like Celia, I eat my big meal midday and evening meal can be cereal and a banana.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Ouch on all the hurting yourself part and kudos for getting your appointments set up!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Just to keep you company I am having cataracts removed shortly as there is a risk of glaucoma- but not an eminent risk. Whoopee!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life