October 8, 2017

CLIMBING EVERYTHING


With the Vietnam era Swift boat behind us.
  

At Guadalajara in Old Town.

They marched everywhere at the Maritime Museum yesterday.  I pottered doggedly knowing that it was good for my soul. 

Grandson Alex, girlfriend Mari, and daughter Ken did the ferry boat Berkley, the US sub, the steam yacht Media, and all the smaller sailing ships out in back.  I walked and sat, repeat.  Ditto the Surprise getting a new deck, and the Russian cold war submarine.  I learned that Mari doesn’t do well on boats of any size.  It was a good thing both the Swift Boat and the Pilot boat were out for the day.

They were all wonderful.  I felt old, fat, and ugly.  Obviously I need to work on my self esteem .  My new burn is slowing down my return to the pool…where I feel young weightless and healthy.  Then I got to thinking of Poolie and again felt alive and grateful to be here.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  He wore himself out.
  • Herself:  Home, I napped at my computer again.
  • Captain Poolie edited from Facebook:  ”1. Discussed stem cell replacement.   Plan is to destroy my immune system and rebuild it completely. Requires surgery for new ports. THREE WEEKS in the hospital plus a month of home health care. All docs want me to go to cancer camp. Yay!  2. Bone marrow draw and testing. Requires surgery.  3. Kidney stents will be removed surgically on November 7th at noon. Just scheduled that. Was told they have been in so long it's not safe to just remove them. Looks like Thanksgiving in the hospital this year. Bring pie! We'll make a day of it.  And yes, I will lose my hair again. Shit.”
Top of Form

6 comments:

  1. I bet time with your grandson is worth the waiting. Poolie has a tough road ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that does sound like a strenuous day but the younguns had to of made it worth it.
    Weightless sounds appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do often get tired when out with the kids. You look like you were having a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all aging and losing those looks. My eyelids are just about drooping down to my chin. :)

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life