September 14, 2018

BALANCE

1969: Photo CD.
           
My focus these days is getting life back in balance after the driver’s license worry.  I’ve set my days up…a calendar of things I need to do.  I need not complain about anything but the heat and humidity.  If I don’t like something, I can change it.

Simplicity indeed. 

I’m not fond of quilting, but I always love the result.  I’m not fond of cooking either, but George now gets off work at four and can help with dinner.  It raises my morale to have him there.  My grandma, who also probably started cooking early in life, ate very simply in her last years.  My mother delegated to me.  Somehow the balance seems off here.  I always laugh about that.

I don’t mind playing with books at the Discovery Shop.  Too many family and friends have died of cancer.  I’m not going to do this forever tho.  G and I want to travel.  We want to see our country and perhaps Canada before we get to old to move around. 

Smiling and keeping it simple.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Work, feed the kitties, lunch, dinner, and meeting.  Our kitty neighbor is going to a Women Millitary Job fair.
  • Myself:  Books, and just like G’s day.
  • Reading:  ”FEAR” and alternating Trumps insanities and irrationalities with a bit of an essay on AML’s “GIFT FROM THE SEA.”
  • Gratitude’s:  Everything today.  Two old friends have been married 54 years, and everybody is employed.  What more could I want.



11 comments:

  1. Travel is hard work. If I can go to one place and stay there for a length of time, then I'm willing to travel, but to go from place to place, no thanks. I really like my own stuff in my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping it simple...yes....I would love that but the people in my life NEVER make things simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be enjoying all the free time you have opened up now that you aren't studying all the time. Smart to travel when you are feeling up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you '69 look, the year we got married -- #50 next May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo. So young and beaming with potential!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel, travel, travel, as far and wide as you can. See it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feeding the neighbor's kitties... LOL ... I do that too! And I give their dogs dog biscuits. ;) I get involved and forget that it's my responsibility to cook, so we don't have a set schedule for meals. We probably should, but so far, it doesn't bother 'his' numbers, so we'll continue on as we have been. I agree that we all need to travel while we can. That's why we're going to attend my niece's wedding in Austin, TX later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie you are and were. I love your expression. As for travel, you already know were are constantly traveling. We haven't seen all the states though I wish we could. Perhaps some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We tend to do that cruise type traveling which is pretty much if its Tuesday it must be Sweden...or whatever. I have this thought that I would like to rent a small house in another country and live there for a month and actually do some absorption of another culture rather than these quickie tours. Maybe... Everyone is employed is a sigh I can understand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traveling in a motorhome, we can bring home with us.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life