September 17, 2018

THE BIG CLOSET PROJECT


The big closet on the right.    
It was a weekend of closet construction.  Saturday after G’s stint at the museum, we went off to IKEA to see what we could see in the way of shelving for my closet.  With careful measurements in hand, we wandered the shelving section finally deciding on a really good looking set.  Square boxes live in a wide white frame and no one will see them but me.

Margot came over with Zoe.  G fixed her RAV4 window motors, and Margot did a glorious Window dance.  We took everyone to breakfast before tackling the closet shelves.  Zoe read the instructions, and George used that handy Allen wrench.  (And hammer and screwdriver.)

Margot left with a mountain of clothes I don’t wear while I feel guilty giving them to her.  She has trouble with messes.  Me?  Shoes, purses, and sweaters now live in those pristine white shelves.  I have one more upper shelf to sort through, and that project is done. 

Thank you George and Zoe.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Working the Monday Morning Crush.
  • Myself:  Closet, teeth back to dentist, sewing.
  • Reading:  FEAR.
  • Gratitude’s:  George, Zoe, and Margot.



10 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite so satisfying as a 'chuckinout' day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I switched to boxes. Brilliant. If it doesn't fit, something has to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd but I was thinking how Margot still can use your generosity. My daughter "rents" some of her clothes and pays a fortune on others and would throw away anything I offered. I washed her kitchen windows the other day and when she didn't notice and I mentioned it, she replied..."Oh, I had the maids wash all the windows last week." We should be a sit-com, East Coast/West Coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sit com indeed. My daughter living in assisted housing, and it get's inspected every 2 weeks. LOL I so hope she put those sweaters away before the nextt inspection. Mine takes everything I offer but Often just dumps it somewhere.

      Delete
  4. Love it when a project works out like this one did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the art on your wall... Congratulations on the new cubby storage. Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  6. George sure is handy. Fixing car windows and putting storage together. Pays to be versatile. Enjoy your new order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love having a well organized closet!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life